Sonic Discussion

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Say, does anybody know where the headcanon “Shadow is a good cook” come from? There’s like several art pieces online where Shadow shows how well he is at cooking.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Scrabbleman  
Dunno, could have many origins.

Its sometimes a cliche of badass guys being good at something so delicate like cooking.

Maybe as a Reverse spoof of Vegeta unable to cook.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Jarkes  
Sounds like them. Even though they’ve said that most of their focus is trying to keep the conversations going while playing. Still no reason to call a game shit though.  
In fact, why is Arin Hanson in one of the videos for the Sonic the Hedgehog Youtube channel? Why would they invite a guy who isn’t good at the games and hates the series?

@Penguin Lagann  
I saw that one, I liked it.

@Takengrin Endmmar: Taken God King of Fear  
You sure? Even with the Treasure Hunting and Shooting stages?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes
I honestly only enjoyed the video where they looked at Sonic comic covers and made fun of them.

Did they see the “fish lips” Robotnik cover? (For Sonic Super Special: Endgame: Director’s Cut.)

I think the comic series has alot of good cover art, but it still has admittedly some rather weird or bad covers too.

@E-123  
The more I read the Knuckles Comics, the more I notice how garbage the plot and characters are, thanks to Ken Penders.

My gripes with Penders aside, I actually enjoy some of his stories. I respect Ken as a writer, but I have no respect for him as a person…

One thing that’s kinda annoying me lately is, some Sonic SatA.M. fanboys (Note: I like Sonic SatA.M. too, but some obsess on it too much) are trying to claim Ken was more respectful to the original SatA.M. series then Ian Flynn was. They’re hating on Ian for temporarily roboticizing Sally, having Antoine go in a coma, (spoiler: they’re perfectly fine now obviously) and they blame him for not having the Freedom Fighter characters in IDW.

Which is ironic, because unlike Ken, Ian actually watched/enjoyed SatA.M., and made references to the series in the Archie Sonic comics. (Like the famed “margerine” joke, something only a SatA.M. fan would get.) Ken “cared” about SatA.M. so much, he tried to permanently kill off Sally, the most popular SatA.M. character, because he felt she held Sonic back.  
(And according to SatA.M. writer/editor Ben Hurst, Ken ruined his chances of getting a SatA.M. season 3 video continuation movie done. So Ken killed any chance of SatA.M. ever getting a continuation/finale.)
FerrumFlos1st
Artist -

Patron of Sonic/MLP
@Beau Skunky  
A phrase I came across, “Mention Ken Penders if you want to cause mayhem in the Sonic fandom.”

Being that I didn’t grew up with Archie comics, I am massively indifferent to his controversy. I could’ve googled why, but judging from what’s being said in the discussion. It is for the best to be blissfully ignorant of him. The same should be said for newcomers who don’t know him.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@FerrumFlos1st  
Fortunately, Penders is only related to the comic series. One maybe will have the curiosity on knowing about him if one deeply reads anything related to Knuckles in the Archie series, specially the Knuckles comic.  
I think be reading Sonic Live is enough. It will inmediately make you question who wrote that shit.

@Beau Skunky  
My gripes with Penders aside, I actually enjoy some of his stories. I respect Ken as a writer, but I have no respect for him as a person…

Oh believe me, I did that too. I felt the same way. But right now, it is totally different. I dont know if you managed to read all the Knuckles comic issues, but if you analize the characters, the plot and some other bizarre ideas, you will change your mind.

Yes, maybe Penders did much for the comics, created interesting stories and did some good world building, but the way how he executed them is another story. And this is coming from the old days of Archie, before Ian Flynn started to work for the comic, you will probably notice that his ego from today from many years ago didnt changed at all.

Like, big example, is his Lara-Su Chronicles story. All the ideas that he is “expressing” and showing in his Twitter, are the same ideas that he tried to implement in the old Archie series. Just because SEGA was there, he couldnt use them entirely
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@E-123

On that note, everything he did with Knuckles was solely because Sega wouldn’t let him use those same ideas with Sonic himself.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide