Viewing last 25 versions of post by Metro_Offset in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

"[@Background Pony #8403":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4904739#post_4904739
)  
It didn't benefit the south, it benefited powerful slavemasters in the south. But what I said is there's no evidence that it was the backbone of the economy or that slaves built this country. Not only did slavery account for a small amount of total GNI and GDP, but much of the money made from slavery became trapped within the slavery system. It created a lot of fake wealth. That's why a huge compensation scheme was needed when slavery was abolished. It benefited the few, not the many. Capital was tied up in the slave system and that's the reason why the south failed to invest in urban infrastructure and any infrastructure. There is no argument to be made that slaves 'built this country'. It was a terrible institution.

"

[
@Latecomer":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4904745#post_4904745
)  
No, because it never was. Cotton picking still went on after the civil war with paid labour.

I mean first of all, no it doesn't. Immigration to the US was targeted at keeping the country white until the end of the 1960's. It was a basic principle from the beginning that this was to be a white country.

We live in fairytale land where we now have to act like this was never the case.

Secondly, would it be a good thing if the Uyghurs naturally stopped having babies and the Han reduced them to a small minority? You implied that white people are dragging down the country, since others are going to make a better country without us. Would you say that there would be nothing bad about the Han naturally becoming the dominant force in Xinjiang?
No reason given
Edited by Metro_Offset