Viewing last 25 versions of post by Silver Midnight in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Silver Midnight
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

πŸ’™πŸ’›Meow~πŸ’›πŸ’™
Russia wants to ban any "LGBT propaganda"
https://zona.media/news/2022/06/08/lgbt

> Chairman of the State Duma Vyacheslav Volodin sent to the Committee on State Construction and Legislation a bill on penalties for "LGBT propaganda" not only among children, but also among adults. This is reported on the website of the State Duma.
> The bill provides for a fine of up to 500 thousand rubles for citizens and up to 10 million rubles for legal entities.
> By "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations" the bill means "dissemination of information aimed at the formation of non-traditional sexual attitudes", the attractiveness of same-sex relationships and "imposition of information" that arouses interest in such relationships among people of all ages. Previously, punishment was provided only for propaganda among minors.
> "Family, motherhood and childhood in their traditional, ancestral understanding represent those values that ensure the continuous change of generations, are a condition for the preservation and development of the multinational people of the Russian Federation, and therefore need special protection from the state," the explanatory note of the bill says.
> The bill was submitted to the State Duma yesterday by deputies of the Legislative Assembly of Sevastopol. The proposed changes will be made to the Code of Administrative Offences.
No reason given
Edited by Silver Midnight