Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"[@Jarkes":](/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623723#post_4623723
"
)  
[
@Penguin Dragneel":](/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623761#post_4623761
)  
I kinda like the boomerang look. It's kinda boring that basically all Sony controllers have looked basically the same for the past 25 years.

"

[
@Ping_chan":](/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623592#post_4623592
)  
Well, the 3DS is showing it's age now, it's been around sense 2011, it's pixel resolution is considered outdated now, among other things, and hardly anyone unfortunately even cares about or uses it's 3D feature, (to the point the newest 3DS games don't even bother to impliment it) so the more powerful, HD Switch is pretty much all the rage now with portable gaming.

I still like my 3DS though, (and I still like it's 3D feature too) recently got Yoshi's Woolly World, and "Bowser's Inside Story" from the Eshop Black Friday sale, and they're still impressive games.

Another good thing about the 3DS, sense it's kinda
"behind in technology," the games at least don't take up much memory card data. You can fit ALOT of 3DS games on one 32-GB card, while meanwhile every other modern system could fill that up quickly with only a few games.

[
@The Equestrian Zodiac":](/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623579#post_4623579
)  
I dunno, some DS games work pretty good on the TV, especially if you use the custom screen modes it offers. Games like "Squeak Squad," and Mario work well with the "TV = Topscreen," and "GamePad = Bottomscreen" mode.

I too am kinda curious how come DS games never got ported digitally for the Eshop for 3DS, must be technical issues...

Actually, two kinda were "Advance Wars: Days of Ruined" was squeezed into the DSiWare format, and rereleased via Club Nintendo in Japan, while later "Wario Ware Touched" was released on the MyNintendo service when it first started. (Also, as a DSiWare title.)

Apparently, GBAdvance games couldn't be emulated well on the 3DS either, the "Ambassador" ones that only early 3DS adopters got, actually had to emulate GBA games running on DS software in the 3DS's DS mode. (Sense the 3DS can run DS games)

As a result, multiplayer, and such would be disabled, which might partially why they didn't capitalize on porting GBA games to the 3DS Eshop either.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Jarkes":/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623723#post_4623723
"@
Penguin Dragneel":/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623761#post_4623761
I kinda like the boomerang look. It's kinda boring that basi
cally all Sony controllers have looked basically the same for the past 25 years.

"@Pi
ng_chan":/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623592#post_4623592
Well, the 3DS is showing it's age now, it's been around sense 2011, it's pixel resolution is considered outdated now, among other things, and hardly anyone unfortunately even cares about or uses it's 3D feature, (to the point the newest 3DS games don't even bother to impliment it) so the more powerful, HD Switch is pretty much all the rage now with portable gaming.

I still like my 3DS though, (and I still like it's 3D feature too) recently got Yoshi's Woolly World, and "Bowser's Inside Story" from the Eshop Black Friday sale, and they're still impressive games.

"@The Equestrian Zodiac":/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623579#post_4623579
I dunno, some DS games work pretty good on the TV, especially if you use the custom screen modes it offers. Games like "Squeak Squad," and Mario work well with the "TV = Topscreen," and "GamePad = Bottomscreen" mode.

I too am kinda curious how come DS games never got ported digitally for the Eshop for 3DS, must be technical issues...
Actually, two kinda were "Advance Wars: Days of Ruined" was squeezed into the DSiWare format, and rereleased via Club Nintendo in Japan, while later "Wario Ware Touched" was released on the MyNintendo service when it first started. (Also, as a DSiWare title.)

Apparently, GBAdvance games couldn't be emulated well on the 3DS either, the "Ambassador" ones that only early 3DS adopters got, actually had to emulate GBA games running on DS software in the 3DS's DS mode. (Sense the 3DS can run DS games)
As a result, multiplayer, and such would be disabled, which might partially why they didn't capitalize on porting GBA games to the 3DS Eshop either.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
"@Ping_chan":/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623592#post_4623592

"@The Equestrian Zodiac":/generals/video-game-general-thead/post/4623579#post_4623579

No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky