Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ping_chan in topic Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Ping_chan
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Pretty soft for a Sony.
Thanks to Steams Proton 4.11-11 including DirectX support, I've managed to get Fallout 4 working rather flawlessly under Ubuntu 18.04.

Fallout 4 is one of the few games that if I can't get working under Linux then I wind up going back to windows 10.

But I am very happy that Valve has been doing a good job with their Linux client, because the list of things that I'm not happy with Microsoft doing regarding people's privacy has only been growing every year.

But since I've never gotten a mod manager for Fallout 4 working under Linux because of .NET issue, I had to manually create a new plugins.txt file to start listing my mods one by one...

Oya and the script extender doesn't work either, because it's incompatible with how Steam for Linux handles the program files.

Digging out and manually installing all of my favorite mods by hand isn't that bad so far, but the See Through Scopes and Weapon Smith Extended 2 mods are a pain in the butt, even when using a mod manager, simply because they are built to maintain compatability with a stupid amount of weapon mods...

And the last time I was trying to use Weapon Smith Extended, it was complaining about any weapon mod on its list of some 50 mods that it supports not being installed, and the only way to keep it happy was to install every one of its supported weapon mods, even the ones you don't want added to your game...

But it seems like a cool mod so I'll try installing it again. 8D

Right now my Fallout 4 data folder is at 40GB,I'm curious how big it will be once I'm done.

Browsing through Nexus mods I notice that I still have quite a few more mods to download until I can consider myself done, oh well, I'll have to continue once I get home from work.  
Oya if anyone is wondering if Fallout 5 will come out anytime soon, a blog I watched the other day was trying to figure out what Bethesda is doing with their projects, they will continue to devote resources to working on Fallout 76, they are still working on Starfield, they promised another Elder Scrolls game, so Fallout 5 might still be several years away.
No reason given
Edited by Ping_chan
Ping_chan

Pretty soft for a Sony.
Thanks to Steams Proton 4.11-11 including DirectX support, I've managed to get Fallout 4 working rather flawlessly under Ubuntu 18.04.
Fallout 4 is one of the few games that if I can't get working under Linux then I wind up going back to windows 10.
But I am very happy that Valve has been doing a good job with their Linux client, because the list of things that I'm not happy with Microsoft doing regarding people's privacy has only been growing every year.
But since I've never gotten a mod manager for Fallout 4 working under Linux because of .NET issue, I had to manually create a new plugins.txt file to start listing my mods one by one...
Oya and the script extender doesn't work either, because it's incompatible with how Steam for Linux handles the program files.
Digging out and manually installing all of my favorite mods by hand isn't that bad so far, but the See Through Scopes and Weapon Smith Extended 2 mods are a pain in the butt, even when using a mod manager, simply because they are built to maintain compatability with a stupid amount of weapon mods...
And the last time I was trying to use Weapon Smith Extended, it was complaining about any weapon mod on its list of some 50 mods that it supports not being installed, and the only way to keep it happy was to install every one of its supported weapon mods, even the ones you don't want added to your game...
Right now my Fallout 4 data folder is at 40GB,I'm curious how big it will be once I'm done.
Browsing
through Nexus mods I notice that I still have quite a few more mods to download until I can consider myself done, oh well, I'll have to continue once I get home from work.
No reason given
Edited by Ping_chan
Ping_chan

Pretty soft for a Sony.
Digging
out and manually installing all of my favorite mods by hand isn't that bad so far, but the See Through Scopes and Weapon Smith Extended 2 mods are a pain in the butt, even when using a mod manager, simply because they are built to maintain compatability with a stupid amount of weapon mods...
No reason given
Edited by Ping_chan