Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah but there’s diminishing returns involved.
RE 2, 3, shoot all the classic REs are good but very much show their age. There was very little room but to go up.
Starting from 4 and on there’s not a whole lot you can do to modernize.
I’ve no doubt REmake 4 will be great. Shoot a lot is gonna have to go wrong for it to not be a Day 1 buy for me. But there’s just more deserving options in need of a remake than 4.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Honestly not feeling the RE4 Remake. It looks great and I’m sure it’ll be fine, but I get the feeling a lot of the charm that made the original great will be lost
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I remember when it took several years to get a new RE. Now they’re popping them out…not quite every year but close.
I’m okay with it so far, even if I’m very lukewarm over the next being 4 again.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I know I’m in the minority here, but I’m actually really happy that we’re getting an RE4 Remake.
I could NOT get into the original RE4 when I played it. The movement felt way too janky, and I absolutely hated how you couldn’t move while aiming. It was probably fine at the time, but I ended up dropping it after an hour of playing it as a result.
Maybe now, with a remake coming out, I can finally see why people adore the game so much.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I haven’t touched Warhammer III since March. I had some fun with the game at first, but I didn’t like the souls race and it kind of pissed me off how I spent $60 and got hyped for a game that was obviously unfinished.
With the souls race, it’s like CA learned nothing from the Vortex campaign being unpopular, but doubled down on what made it annoying. The majority likes a big sandbox campaign, yet according to their “roadmap” the BETA for Immortal Empires won’t be until sometime between July 1 and September 30. To put that in perspective, the game was released in February and there is a very real chance it won’t be 100% finished until the end of the year.
I wish CA had just waited. I don’t mind waiting if a company is communicative, honest, and the finished product is great.
On the other hand, when Immortal Empires is finally ready to go… Man, that’s going to be amazing.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Mikey
Basically, yeah.
It’s one thing if it’s like RE1, with the fixed camera angles and all that. It’s another thing if it’s supposed to be full 3D like RE4 was.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I mean if you want to get overly technical on definitions - the best kind of technical by the way - then yeah.
But it’s more accurate to say 4 had an Over The Shoulder 3rd person camera.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Kiryu-Chan
I don’t really like tank controls in general, but the early RE games were designed well enough around them to where it’s not a big deal.
RE4, however, was designed around a fully 3D environment, had a third-person over-the-shoulder camera system, and had more emphasis on action compared to the previous entries, so the tank controls ended up being an detriment to the experience.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
There’s a Resident Evil sale going on, I think I’ll get Resident Evil 1 Remake, RE2 and 3 Remake and RE7.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide