derpibooru's badges

Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@MuhJob  
That’s how I thought it worked too, yeah.  
I don’t really mind badges without set criteria, but it’s a little odd for this one in particular. It’s one thing for stuff like milestone and tag badges with blurrier edges and larger numbers to allow a little leeway, but the (approximate) baseline for the wink badge is only 5.  
So like, I have 3/5 images eligible for the wink badge, but would I only need one more to get it? Or two/three more, and why?

Just seems a little weird to have looser criteria at numbers that small. Makes for a lot of questions if someone else wouldn’t be eligible at 4, for instance.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Should there be a badge for having a lot of forum posts? Like, north of two or three thousand? Cuz it’s an impressive benchmark, and there’s few enough people with that to prevent it from being a badge everyone has. Call it “Motormouth” or something.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

No, there absolutely should not. The [Enter] key wouldn’t have lost the body heat of the finger that pushed it to implement such a badge policy change before a thousand jackasses would start spamming every forum thread on the site with two word garbage posts just to get a quantity-over-quality badge.
Bigshot232
Blue Skies - For Patreon supporters
When you Ponk - Derpi Supporter
Element of Generosity - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@GenericArchangel  
While cool, there would need to be a way for staff to curate their posts, and having to sift through thousands of posts sounds like a bit of a tall order. And how would this badge be represented? You said motor mouth, who or what would the badge be depicted after?
GenericArchangel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Bigshot232  
Sifting through posts is obviously impossible, it might be a “sees someone on forums with high post count and consistent quality posts” more than an exact number. So, you know, like the other badges.

The badge itself could be the show’s ceaseless speaker Pinkie Pie, with an engine in her mouth to make it “Motormouth.” It could also be “Never Shuts Up,” also Pinkie Pie, or “Public Speaker,” which would be Twilight with those flash cards from “The Cutie Re-Mark.”
Bigshot232
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@GenericArchangel  
While I know alot of mods like loose critrea in the badges, that still sounds a bit much. But then again, I’m not a member of staff, so my word shouldn’t be taken a law. But the pinkie idea sounds a bit much, badges must be distinguishable at a 16x16 resolution, and the pinkie one doesn’t sound to unique enough to fit vs the other pinkie badges.

Don’t let me deter you though, that’s why this thread is here too: to allocate badges, and to talk and share ideas on new ones.
ZippySqrl
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Lady's Wink -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Tired Artist
I don’t think anyone wants to have to look through 1000s of someones posts to check if they qualify for such a badge.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Bigshot232  
Fair point about image, but given the nature I’m sure we could think of something. I just think that there’s few enough users with it that it’d be kinda neat to recognize active forum users.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@ZippySqrl  
As I said, it may be more of a “mod sees guy who has lots of posts and whose posts the mod happens to come across are good.” Less exact, and really more of a badge for participating in the forums.
Bigshot232
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
Well while not concrete, what about a newspaper / gabby gums from season 2? Cmc persona from the time on the school paper?
Bigshot232
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@GenericArchangel  
Or if we play more off your pinkie idea, what about the time trixie took pinkies mouth away? Badge could be the windows point with a happy but blabbering pinkie mouth. That one feels more specific to the ideal appeal of the badge.

Just me blabbering out thoughts while on my run.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide