Viewing last 25 versions of post by Joey in topic Downvotes / Hiding Survey

Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
Hello everyone,

As some of you may already know, early last week we removed the ability to downvote images on the site, instead replacing it with a "hide image" functionality instead. This was a result of about two years of on-and-off discussions among the site's staff, over concerns that downvotes were not being used in the way they were initially intended to be used, and in a number of cases, downright abused. However, I will admit that this change was rolled out kinda suddenly without any warning or request for community input, which is not our normal procedure for rolling out major changes to the site. In turn, this resulted in a lot of negative feedback, so we rolled back the changes.

TL;DR: We fuckmessed up, we're sorry

Moving forward, however, we have noticed that downvote abuse is a recurring problem on this site, and concerns have been raised by a number of artists and community members to this extent. We want to implement changes to discourage/prevent abusing downvoting, and the ability to hide images has been brought up a number of times. There are a number of ways these changes can be implemented though, and I think we all will very much like to avoid a repeat of last week. Therefore, we are asking for your feedback on how downvoting, image hiding, and image scores should be handled moving forward. To make this easy to keep track of, we have created an anonymous survey, which you may "[click here to take":](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18RRC1L1Bib2aIpm-W27tN3ajiWUeMH9M8D2ydpaqKLY/viewform?edit_requested=true

)

If you have any other thoughts on this matter, please feel free to post a comment to that extent. However, I ask that you please try to keep the comments civil and on topic. We already know the changes last week were overly unpopular, after all.

Thanks!
No reason given
Edited by byte[]
Joey
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
Hello everyone,

As some of you may already know, early last week we removed the ability to downvote images on the site, instead replacing it with a "hide image" functionality instead. This was a result of about two years of on-and-off discussions among the site's staff, over concerns that downvotes were not being used in the way they were initially intended to be used, and in a number of cases, downright abused. However, I will admit that this change was rolled out kinda suddenly without any warning or request for community input, which is not our normal procedure for rolling out major changes to the site. In turn, this resulted in a lot of negative feedback, so we rolled back the changes.

TL;DR: We fucked up, we're sorry

Moving forward, however, we have noticed that downvote abuse is a recurring problem on this site, and concerns have been raised by a number of artists and community members to this extent. We want to implement changes to discourage/prevent abusing downvoting, and the ability to hide images has been brought up a number of times. There are a number of ways these changes can be implemented though, and I think we all will very much like to avoid a repeat of last week. Therefore, we are asking for your feedback on how downvoting, image hiding, and image scores should be handled moving forward. To make this easy to keep track of, we have created an anonymous survey, which you may "click here to take":https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18RRC1L1Bib2aIpm-W27tN3ajiWUeMH9M8D2ydpaqKLY/viewform?edit_requested=true

If you have any other thoughts on this matter, please feel free to post a comment to that extent. However, I ask that you please try to keep the comments civil and on topic. We already know the changes last week were overly unpopular, after all.

Thanks!
Reason: I can't spell topic titles, it seems
Edited by Joey
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
Hello everyone,

TL;DR: We fucked up, we're sorry

Moving forward, however, we have noticed that downvote abuse is a recurring problem on this site, and concerns have been raised by a number of artists and community members to this extent. We want to implement changes to discourage/prevent abusing downvoting, and the ability to hide images has been brought up a number of times. There are a number of ways these changes can be implemented though, and I think we all will very much like to avoid a repeat of last week. Therefore, we are asking for your feedback on how downvoting, image hiding, and image scores should be handled moving forward. To make this easy to keep track of, we have created an anonymous survey, which you may "click here to take":https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18RRC1L1Bib2aIpm-W27tN3ajiWUeMH9M8D2ydpaqKLY/viewform?edit_requested=true

Thanks!
No reason given
Edited by Joey