Viewing last 25 versions of post by harasha456 in topic Downvotes / Hiding Survey

harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
in response to this debate I pose you a few questions.

how can you be sure that the reason that someone is spamming an artist with downvotes is because they just don't like the artist or is it because the artist is consistently a bad artist. and is there a statistically significant impact people brigading a tag has on an image's overall score. I saw a poll brigaded once by a bunch of 4chan pol tards and they barely moved the needle on the final score

on the subject of giving artists the power to disable downvotes and hides from their own images

I think that artists shouldn't have that ability however that said let's look to another site that does have that feature youtube. often times when (forgive my weasel words) a youtuber does that to their own videos it's taken as an act of cowardice, an unwillingness to face public scrutiny.

personaly I don't consider downvotes or upvotes a particularly important thing I've seen images I like personaly downvoted to shit because it's a bizarre fetishy thing. however that said if the downvotes and upvotes are what causes an image to get into the trending feed on the site than I say there's no need to alter the current system because it's working as intended when I go over there I'm always assured something good

honestly I don't think preventing users from downvoting on
a tag they've hidden will work what's to stop them from unhiding the tag downvoting a bunch of images and then rehiding the tag.

also
I'd like some clarification what exactly a "hide" is because I feel that what that exactly is wasn't articulated well in the post.
No reason given
Edited by harasha456
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
in response to this debate I pose you a few questions.
how can you be sure that the reason that someone is spamming an artist with downvotes is because they just don't like the artist or is it because the artist is consistently a bad artist. and is there a statistically significant impact people brigading a tag has on an image's overall score. I saw a poll brigaded once by a bunch of 4chan pol tards and they barely moved the needle on the final score

on the subject of giving artists the power to disable downvotes and hides from their own images
I think that artists shouldn't have that ability however that said let's look to another site that does have that feature youtube. often times when (forgive my weasel words) a youtuber does that to their own videos it's taken as an act of cowardice, an unwillingness to face public scrutiny.

personaly I don't consider downvotes or upvotes a particularly important thing I've seen images I like personaly downvoted to shit because it's a bizarre fetishy thing. however that said if the downvotes and upvotes are what causes an image to get into the trending feed on the site than I say there's no need to alter the current system because it's working as intended when I go over there I'm always assured something good

also I'd like some clarification what exactly a "hide" is because I feel that what that exactly is wasn't articulated well in the post.
No reason given
Edited by harasha456