Report site bugs here

BigBuggyBastage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Go fsck yourself
I’m having problems with download speed and general responsiveness from Derpibooru, and it’s been like this for several (about four or five) hours now. Specifically, d/l rates below 100 kiB/s, often in the range of 40-60 kiB/s, sometimes even lower. If it’s to do with Cloudflare (which, let’s be honest, most of our problems here are), I’m nearest their Chicago servers, if it helps – I don’t think they run anything out of Detroit, but that’d be closer to me.
FWIW, I’m not using a VPN when this occurs. I’m on a 200-Mbps cable connection, and several speed tests reveal there’s nothing obviously wrong with it, at least nothing that I can account for. Regular HTTP(S), FTP, SSH, etc. transfers proceed at near-full wire speed.
Nevermind. I just had a conversation with my ISP’s tech support people, and apparently they’re having some routing issues.

Derp.

Background Pony #5D2C
@Ciaran
Not sure if that’s what @TheGamerPainter is experiencing but I get the “You can’t access that page.” error a lot lately, on random pages or even after refreshing a page. I’m using a VPN if that matters.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #5D2C
Can you describe how to recreate it? Like, what were you doing when it happened?
Pretend you are trying to describe an unanticipated behavior that others are not able to replicate, or HAVE replicated but they aren’t sure if it is what you are seeing, or if you have found a new path to replicate a previously fixed problem.
Describe the use case that leads to the problem.
Remember please that this is an open source platform, and we will not know if it is something inline specific implementation and instance, or someone else’s code, until we can make it happen the same way you have.
TheGamerPainter
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

OC maker
@Ciaran
Like copying tags of any images with similar tags of an image I go to upload and after pressing post, it gives me the forbidden error saying are my cookies enabled then refreshing the page sometimes results the entire progression being wiped having to redo everything except the tags (only if I pressed save)
Posted Report
Background Pony #5D2C
@Ciaran
No idea how to recreate it, sorry, it’s completely random. Just tried accessing Derpi with vpn off, started clicking through the pages and the error appeared on page 3, opened an image page and started clicking “next image”, got the error on the third image, on the image after that, then two images after. Same with page refreshes, sometimes it shows up after five refreshes, sometimes on the next refresh. My browser is Firefox 108.0.1.
@Blissful690
Nope, just on random.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@TheGamerPainter
@Background Pony #5D2C
Thank you, that’s much more helpful. Sounds like in both cases you’re losing your session, almost as if you reloaded the site in a separate window anonymously, or something like that. I’ve seen that myself when leaving a comment unfinished, going back and forth to other browsers, and coming back. Reloading the page when I do that has been helping, but I haven’t found a way to replicate it reliably. If you get clear steps to replicate it, please let us know.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A3B6
@TheGamerPainter
This sounds similar to expiration of session/tokens/whatever. I get it when I open a tab on mobile, keep it open for a day or two and then try to edit tags, post comments, etc. Refreshing the tab fixes it.
But if you are doing all of it in freshly opened tabs then expiration is not the cause of course.
Posted Report
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
@JP
I’ve found weirder.
The image IDs listed below all redirect to homepage with a “page not found” error.
>>49899->>49915
>>49917->>49927
>>49941->>49971
>>49984->>49989
>>49991
>>49993->>49999
>>50001->>50003
>>50005->>50013
>>50027->>50054
Which is kind of strange seeing >>49847 (deleted)->>49871 (deleted), all of which apparently originally spam images, were instead deleted the current way, which means it was not an “old” way of deleting images.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Algebroot Neogears
Funny, those deleted images are completely absent from the database dumps. They really are gone.
(49847, for example, does have an entry in the dump I checked.)
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Algebroot Neogears & @JP
I do not know if it applies to those specific images, but from time to time people upload things here that we legally can not have in the database. Those are what is sometimes called “hard deleted” so we do not have any kind of copy either on the production database or in backups. They are simply “not here any more”, although their index numbers remain “used”.
Also, some of those are from the BooruOnRails days. And BOR sometimes “forgot how to count”. Indices would periodically get mundged and donked up so hard they were rebooted with a small incendiary device.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Ciaran
IIRC only one image deleted for Rule #5 was ever undeleted. It turns out it’s gone for good now, though, since WickedSilly has removed all her art from the site.
EDIT: All her accounts are gone so it’s more likely to be full retirement.
Background Pony #62CA
Gallery cover images’ spoiler overlays obscure the gallery warning overlay.
A CSS rule such as this brings the gallery spoiler to the front:
a.media-box__header--link .media-box__overlay {
    z-index: 5;
}
Or, a CSS rule such as this hides the cover image’s spoiler overlay:
a.media-box__header--link+.media-box__content .image-container .media-box__overlay {
    display: none;
}
Posted Report
Background Pony #62CA
On rare occasions, I see posts that appear slightly corrupted where they have a few rows of pixels at the bottom that seem to be shifted or repeated from above, such as in >>3028343. Are these present in the files being uploaded, or is it due to the site’s processing? Is it possible to tell?
Posted Report
Background Pony #62CA
After editing a post’s source URL, the element becomes nested within a copy of itself, which also leads to two elements sharing an id:
It returns to normal after reloading the page.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide