Scrounge
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite
"[@Crystal Neighybánya":](/pony/crazy-headcanons/post/1764598#post_1764598
)  
I think the only thing really preventing her from going past verbal abuse is the writers keeping in mind the show's target audience. (Sadly, that probably also drastically lowers the odds of a divorce.)

I don't think she loves Diamond Tiara at all. I think she just wants to be able to say she has a better daughter than the next mare, and if Diamond doesn't care for her methods, well, suffering builds character, doesn't it?

"@Crystal Neighybánya":/pony/crazy-headcanons/post/1764674#post_1764674
Not a saint, but certainly a reasonable guy, but either would react the same in this case.

The most likely reason for her not to step in is that he hasn't _caught_ her at it, and Diamond's thus far been afraid to tell (though that certainly doesn't seem like it'll last forever.)

And honestly, that applies even if what we saw on screen is as bad as it gets.
No reason given
Edited by Scrounge
Scrounge
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite
"@Crystal Neighybánya":/pony/crazy-headcanons/post/1764598#post_1764598
I think the only thing really preventing her from going past verbal abuse is the writers keeping in mind the show's target audience. (Sadly, that probably also drastically lowers the odds of a divorce.)

I don't think she loves Diamond Tiara at all. I think she just wants to be able to say she has a better daughter than the next mare, and if Diamond doesn't care for her methods, well, suffering builds character, doesn't it?

Not a saint, but certainly a reasonable guy, but either would react the same in this case.

The most likely reason for her not to step in is that he hasn't _caught_ her at it, and Diamond's thus far been afraid to tell (though that certainly doesn't seem like it'll last forever.)

No reason given
Edited by Scrounge
Scrounge
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite

No reason given
Edited by Scrounge
Scrounge
Since the Beginning  -

nobody's favorite

No reason given
Edited by Scrounge