Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Viewing last 25 versions of post by doloresbridge in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
[@Pinto Bean](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5146664#post_5146664)
[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5146978#post_5146978)
All this talk of G5 being more mature then FiM interests me. To me, I would expect G5 to be *slightly* more light hearten and kid friendly then G5 will be if I am to base it on what I have seen so far with the movie. Keep in mind, FiM was a just outside of mainstream anomaly that grew and evolved organically and had a unusual amount of breathing room for a show. Though Hasbro did even contribute to some of FiM's stronger moments (they wanted Discord to be scarier, right?) everything else from Hasbro outside of the FiM has been rather tamer and more market driven. Pony Life reeks of focus groups and memes and Rainbow Roadtrip felt much closer to a normal inoffensive kid's special over even the tone of Season 1. ANG has the feel marketing and executives but it is a careful, more balanced touched this time around and allowing some creative room.

[@kleptomage](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5146606#post_5146606)
>
> It’s not a bad movie, just underwhelming and uninspired. I’ll watch the series when it comes out to see if it gets better.
>
I thought the movie was surprisingly average to above average, I am still weighing it. Similar to you I came into with a open mind. Though, I will say the hands of something carefully planned by corporate executives can still be felt.

[@DerpyFast](/forums/pony/topihcs/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5147040#post_5147040)
>
In fact, all the main characters except Pipp felt a lot more mature than The Mane Six.
>
Hmmmmmmm. Maybe have a point, at least with Zipp, seems more level headed then Rainbow Dash with the same attitude. Izzy was surprisingly just happy go lucky and bubbly over being LOLRandom and hyperactive, one of the points that impressed me some with the new movie is them avoiding that trap. Though was Sunny any more competent then Twilight Sparkle in the first two parter for example? I don't think so and I don't think we have seen enough of them for me to fully agree with that.

[@DoctorWTF](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5147013#post_5147013)
I recall that for the leaks. I know now how some of Hasbro's marketing and the media is framing the series as a unique step forward in progressive storytelling but what I saw was little different from stuff I have already seen in FiM so maybe you saw something in that? Agree with you though on not wanting edgy darkness but I don't see it as too likely.
Reason: I am trying to learn this new fangled markdown
Edited by doloresbridge