Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Myoozik

I mean, point there is, an episode, what, five episodes into the first season, and Gilda has… exactly no one go “oh wow, that griffon’s hands/paws/claws are so cool,” and then there’s the fact that a third of the Equestrian population are unicorns with telekinesis, and then if you’re being generous with pegasi (that I generally subscribe to, with abnormal for wings bone structure [IIRC]) they have at least some amounts of dexterity with their wings. Both of those are excluding the general consensus of going “eh, tactile telekinesis, it’s how it is.”

Same goes for Gustave Le Grand, nobody particularly cared about his hands.

…it’s still dumb either way, even if incorporating such an idea, for some human in a fanfic to get worshipped by ponies for hands when there’s centaurs, gargoyles, dragons, griffons, Discord (is he truly one of a kind, or…), minotaurs, and later on, hippogriffs (oh, and whatever a changeling decides to do) that would easily have a basis to argue “lol nope, you ain’t that special kid, you’re physically and/or magically inferior in most ways to us. All you can do is run long, monkey.” (it truly pisses me off in a HiE fic wherever the ponies are Too Dumb To Live, too stupid and incompetent to use their natural abilities, so that’s why the humans curb-stomp them, physically, and technologically, using say, fists and Martial Arts of Bullshit that somehow beats quadrupeds going from bipeds, and then some Gary Stu human has to save them or something. That’s not a fun type of story.)

Faust kinda had an opportunity to implement some aspects of hands being such a big deal in the early seasons (having characters react with “oh wow, I really wish I could do that with those”), and she didn’t, so that’s on her (including a two-parter she may or may not have written herself [the pilot]), if it’s an inherent problem that it wasn’t. (unless the executives forced her not to for some inexplicable reason, in which case, point it out)

@Beau Skunky

Not all ideas are created equal. As a matter of fact, didn’t Faust go “oh, Rainbow Dash shouldn’t be a big sister figure to Scootaloo, not mature/caring enough” after all? Would it have ever been something that happened under her?

…oh, and speaking of something Faust-approved, Scootaloo is a handicapped pegasus, end of story. It would’ve been a cop-out to imply otherwise, and even if there might’ve been more they could do on the topic, Scootaloo did display appropriate angst at least once (The Washouts practically screamed in your face that yes, there is quite a bit of resentment over that). and I’ll reiterate that it was a bitch move to make fun of someone with a disability, regarding Diamond
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@AC97  
Yeah, I remember Faust was the one whom said she doesn’t think Dashie would be a good big sis’ to Scootaloo.

And in fairness, Tiara made up for it when she stood up for the CMC, cementing her reformation.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Beau Skunky

Sometimes the amounts of ideas you can get for a show are just too much for the show itself to handle it it seems no matter what.

Unsurprisingly, all the fanfiction comunities feed from cool ideas a show, game or anything that didn’t implemented those. Is not that bad, sometimes is good to let your fanbase to get creative.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

I try to. I must admit, I can be quite picky, but even then I’d rather say “I personally don’t like it” instead of “is bad”.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Beau Skunky

Be that as it may, but dang, it does stick out in hindsight, lol. (Not saying some kid saying that is an unforgivable action; kids can be jerks, some of them may change)

@northern haste

…and speaking of Diamond Dogs, I can now kick myself a bit for forgetting to list them above, with the other races, lol.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

And to be fair, Rainbow Dash not being good big sister material would’ve been completely true in season 1. But then she had her character development. And also to be fair, Faust probably would’ve given Dash similar development.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@AC97

The “Scootaloo’s parents are super-busy” idea Faust had also eventually got incorporated into the series long after she left.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also IIRC, Hasbro only mandated that Cheerilee appear in some capacity due to her prominence in G3 and didn’t care how they implemented her into FiM.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Beau Skunky  
@Jarkes  
Probably just wanted to renew the trademarks.  
Incidentally, any G3 or earlier character who wasn’t in G4 in some form at some point has been lost (as in, Hasbro “technically” no longer “owns” them)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide