Pony Venting Thread

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I dunno, I agree with Icey, I’ve been noticing just as much animosity toward people who prefer the earlier seasons, blanketing them as 4channers
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Kiryu-Chan

I honestly don’t like blanket people as channers. Then again, I don’t like when people blanket others overall, it just cements distrust between others because you can just simply call someone a channer and discredit him the same way you can discredit someone as a twitter fag (mind you, I’m not a fan of the platform myself because I agree of toxic people are there, but I don’t like to discredit people based on using Twitter).
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Honestly, I’m afraid to voice my opinions half the time here in fear of people assuming I’m one of those, or the other.

In the Sonic fandom, I took heat for liking the controversial character Princess Sally Acorn, and was called an “Amy-hater,” (because supposedly alot of Sally fans “hate Amy/the games/ect.” and get stereotyped as such) and I was called a “Sally-hater” too for liking Amy Rose, as well. (Because vice-versa stereotypes.)

You can’t win even if you’re neutral on an issue like “Sally VS Amy,” or don’t care about that issue. (Ironically, they’re friends in the comic canon.)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Kiryu-Chan  
Yeah idk if it is just my experiences but i did notice that people seemed to be a lot less accepting of people who said they liked seasons 1-2/3 over the newer seasons.

Used to get called a Faust-tard and shit
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@northern haste

The problem was, for one example, Juniper Montage’s redemption, since I thought she was doing just fine as a jerk, as a character.

It doesn’t help that EQG had the usual spiel of “corrupting magic,” when both her and say, Valencia Vignette seemed to only have “corruption” happen as a result of them having access to power, or that they didn’t exactly stand out after reforming.
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@AC97

I know. Juniper was incredibly jerkish while lacking any remote snese of coolness or something interesting.

Wallflower was lashing out at Sunset because everyone ignore her, and it’s implied she really didn’t do much effort to be notized so it feels like a temper tamtrum.

Vignette was also evil without corruption and has a very unlikeable personality as well.

And because they also lack cool or intirguing aspects, people feel less and less interested in EG antagonists.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Both the main show and EQG were pretty bad as far as redemptions go but EQG stands out more as most, if not all of their antagonists were not only always redeemed, they were almost always incredibly uninteresting and boring, and never reached the heights of the Dazzlings(which I actually are the best antagonists of the entire G4)

@Myoozik

I remember it coming from certain users a while back in the Unpopular Opinions thread, as well as some scattered sites like EQD or MLPF. There are some people who are militant about how S1/S2 aged poorly and everything after is better, and the only people who like S1 the most are Faust Fanboys
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Myoozik  
S2 I’ll admit isn’t that great(It’s on the lower half of the show, it barely inches out S8). S1 though I think has a lot of charm to it that makes me enjoy it more than others, of all the seasons it’s one of two seasons I’m willing to watch every episode(the other being S3 only because of its short length), and I say this despite preferring S5 and S7.

I think my rankings would probably go S7>S5>S1>S3>S4>S2>S8>S6>S9
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
@Kiryu-Chan  
Season 1 has the innocence and slice of life factor to it and it has charm so that’s why I prefer it over Season 2, which was when the quality really started to flip flop on dumb stories and slowly starting to pander to the fandom.
Background Pony #B84F
The Venn Diagram of bronies who scream, “Spikeabuse!” when Spike is even mildly inconvenienced and people who whine about a cartoon being, “Mean-spirited” when the characters aren’t 100% nice to each other all the time is one big circle.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
He said “not as much as people say it does,” he didn’t say it “never pandered at all.”

@northern haste  
I agree, if it did then Twilicorn wouldn’t of been a thing for example.

@Myoozik  
@Kiryu-Chan  
Honestly, I prefer Season 2 over S1. In the first few episodes the characters had not yet quite reached their potential, and it felt like the writing wasn’t always consistent, (such as neglecting Luna in the season finale, or Twilight being an introvert one moment, to suddenly obsessing over a sleepover) as the writers were still getting used to who the characters were, I felt, and hadn’t fully fleshed them out yet.

@Background Pony #B84F  
I don’t get that either. In fact, sometimes characters like Twilight got it worse then him, like in “Feeling Pinkie-keen.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide