Viewing last 25 versions of post by Zebasiz in topic Season 6 Episode Discussion [Speculation/Theories/Beware of Spoilers]

Zebasiz
Bronze Bit -
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Zeb> That's why yer female partner can use a trapon
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

"[@MadVillan":](/pony/season-6-episode-discussion/post/2426431#post_2426431
)  
I don't know why they'd need to have the same technology as us in order to hear stories about another species and thus not actually know anything about their culture properly. Heck we had misunderstandings about other cultures back before light bulbs and the like.

Twilight said that Ponies were too afraid to go and actually study Dragons. And given how the Red and Green dragon they met acted. [Extremely territorial, attacking on sight.] It makes sense ponies would avoid them.

So far, the only times we've been able to see further in Dragon culture is through Spike going to Dragon specific groupings. Given how the teenagers responded to the ponies. I don't feel it's unreasonable to believe the adults wouldn't be as accommodating either.

And I used the comparison to Today's world to show that, even WITH our current Globalization and communication technology, the average person can _*still_* know nigh on nothing about another culture.

Going back to before the current levels of technology just makes the issue worse.

No reason given
Edited by Zebasiz
Zebasiz
Bronze Bit -
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Zeb> That's why yer female partner can use a trapon
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

"@MadVillan":/pony/season-6-episode-discussion/post/2426431#post_2426431
I don't know why they'd need to have the same technology as us in order to hear stories about another species and thus not actually know anything about their culture properly. Heck we had misunderstandings about other cultures back before light bulbs and the like.
Twilight said that Ponies were too afraid to go and actually study Dragons. And given how the Red and Green dragon the met acted. [Extremely territorial, attacking on sight.] It makes sense ponies would avoid them.
So far, the only times we've been able to see further in Dragon culture is through Spike going to Dragon specific groupings. Given how the teenagers responded to the ponies. I don't feel it's unreasonable to believe the adults wouldn't be as accommodating either.

And I used the comparison to Today's world to show that, even WITH our current Globalization and communication technology, the average person can _still_ know nigh on nothing about another culture.
Going back to before the current levels of technology just makes the issue worse.

No reason given
Edited by Zebasiz