Viewing last 25 versions of post by Poison Trail in topic Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

"[@Background Pony #2AC9":](/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-warning-spoilers/post/4522076#post_4522076

)

Subverting expectations, I guess.

Back in the day we'd call that "Shoddy writing and storytelling which somehow got past being shut down in it's early stages by anyone even remotely competent", but nowadays it's like... "Oh, that's _*totally_* gonna take viewers by surprise, who cares about how you can blow more holes into it than swiss cheese when you start thinking about the logistics of said plot twist?".

It's like taking concepts such as foreshadowing and character development, then flipping them on their head just to get that "Gotcha!" moment and self-gratification in the immediate airing of the episode, only to vanish right afterwards as the community istops lbefting shell- shocked and begins to demand answers.

Controversies cause a lot of noise to be made and take relatively little effort to pull off, so it's no wonder we see it picking up as a trend within the entertainment industry.
No reason given
Edited by Poison Trail
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

"@Background Pony #2AC9":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-warning-spoilers/post/4522076#post_4522076

Subverting expectations, I guess.

Back in the day we'd call that "Shoddy writing and storytelling which somehow got past being shut down in it's early stages by anyone even remotely competent", but nowadays it's like... "Oh, that's _totally_ gonna take viewers by surprise, who cares about how you can blow more holes into it than swiss cheese when you start thinking about the logistics of said plot twist?".

It's like taking concepts such as foreshadowing and character development, then flipping them on their head just to get that "Gotcha!" moment and self-gratification in the immediate airing of the episode, only to vanish right afterwards as the community is left shell-shocked.

Controversies cause a lot of noise to be made and take relatively little effort to pull off, so it's no wonder we see it picking up as a trend within the entertainment industry.
No reason given
Edited by Poison Trail