The Equestria Girls General Thread

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Sunset’s Minion

Because it’s showing that she has some kind of worth. That there’s an upside to her becoming good.

Those episodes you point out are not ABOUT her. Her friendship baggage and issues don’t come into play because that’s not what the episode is about.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Azyrite

And there’s where opinions come into play I guess. I often get more interested for Starlight eps than eps for the mane cast nowadays.

Anyway, I’m just saying that she’s not perfect but she’s shown signs that she’s aware of how bad she can be. She’s not utterly lacking in self awareness, and I don’t want either side bringing in Sunset just to make Star look bad or good.
Sunset's Minion

Love is King
@gingerninja666  
… By doing jobs that could easily be done by someone more qualified? It doesn’t matter if they weren’t about her, she was still a major part of them. She was still the end all be all in a blatantly obvious attempt to make Starlight look like the “specialest of ponehs”.

Blame the writers for making her to try and leech off Sunset’s popularity. Not us.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Sunset’s Minion  
I don’t get to watch it all the way through but everything i have seen makes it feel like a great return to form, Wallflower is a great antagonist, Sunset and Trixie have awesome chemistry, Sunset’s trip to Equestria was great, it just all looks great, Wallflower was the real shock for me, she manages to instantly be likable and stand out(Ironically) and is now a solid contender for best Human that isn’t Sunset,
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Azyrite  
I’ve debated that many times before, and this isn’t remotely the place to do it again.

And apologies for grumpiness, I’m very ill.

@Background Pony #B204  
@Philweasel
>Sunset
>villain
>most disappointing
That’s not how you spell Juniper Montage.

Juniper wasn’t disapointing as such, because there was no hype behind her.

Sunset had a great design, the germ of a good backstory, a interesting motive, and the possibility of some great comparisons to Twilight.

…she was a dim high school bully with no depth, with Snips and Snails as her minions and an evil plan that involved text messages and photoshop.
Background Pony #D0BB
@Philweasel  
Sunset was never much of a threat and overestimated her importance, and was basically just a jerk until she used the crown.

My headcanon (I ignore the comics, and it looks like the backstory one is non-canon anyway) is that she wasn’t being groomed to be a Princess or anything like that and thought she was way better than she really was. She was never the chosen one but couldn’t accept it. It also explains the inferiority complex she has in Rainbow Rocks, Friendship Games and Mirror Magic, because she values herself so low compared to Twilight (who actually is the chosen one) that she doesn’t think she’s good enough to do things on her own… the exact opposite of how she was in EqG1.

One of the biggest reasons Rainbow Rocks was so much better than the first movie was because the Sirens were dangerous and had an actual plan, which also nearly succeeded.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Josh103  
Dazzlings aren’t really solid parts for a dynamic outside of their own, Gloriosa is from a crap movie that wasted our time by trying to pass off SciTwi as the main character and introduced boring literally nobody wants him hear LI number 2, Jupiter is from what i hear also from a bad special, not surprising since Starlight was apparently in it, Wallflower however has a decently easy to work with personality and could easily work into the plot helping the girls with plant based problems or even being put in charge of growing the human world’s tree of harmony, besides Sunset needs a better cast to work off of, so it’s time to cut back the mane 6’s involvement more,
Azyrite

Only the faithful.
I liked the special and I sympathise with wallflower a bit. But she’s a mind rapist and therefore a horrible person, no if’s or buts about it. she may not have deserved to be alone before but she certainly does now.
Thanotos Omega

@Azyrite  
ehh until the revenge plot she hadn’t actually done anything super bad and the second she sees the extent of what she did she’s clearly horrified, even her fighting back seemed more out of fear than a desire to win,
Azyrite

Only the faithful.
@Thanotos Omega  
She sounded practically giddy at the thought of erasing the mane 6’s memories of each other just to spite sunset and she had already reached inside their minds and screwed with their heads before. So she felt bad after the fact. she still did it.

I know in a kids show, Terrible actions are rarely treated with the severity they deserve, especially if it’s a main character who did it, but… ah I dunno.
Sunset's Minion

Love is King
@Azyrite  
She’s a person who didn’t really understand what she was doing. She started out small with awkward greetings and moments. But when her existence began to be forgotten, it added to her frustrations. Her revenge on Sunset was a result of the straw that broke the camel’s back. However, when she saw the direct results of erasing the entirety of someone’s memories, she was horrified.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide