The Equestria Girls General Thread

Background Pony #355A
There’s a lot of effort put into the songs / music videos for Equestria Girls, far more than even FiM IMO. So you can’t really say that Hasbro doesn’t care about it.

That said, I’m still surprised at how many people still despise Equestria Girls and don’t even give it a chance. It’s come a long way since 2013.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Background Pony #D30B

I can remember the time when I thought EG was going to be a one-shot thing. Flawed but kinda enjoyable, and since I was just beginning my brony days, I was open to anything so I managed to like it.

Never thought the whole EG would grown into something bigger.
Background Pony #151C
@Background Pony #D30B  
I mean, the number of haters is certainly so much lower now than it was in 2013, or even after Rainbow Rocks came out.

But yeah, I think EqG currently has better and more varied music than FiM. While the latter still has at least one fantastic song per season, the majority of them are kind of same-y now. On top of that, EqG relies on more composers than just Ingram, allowing for more fresh talent. I wonder why FiM hasn’t considered using those itself.
Gian~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

EG Enthusiast
There’s a lot of effort put into the songs / music videos for Equestria Girls, far more than even FiM IMO. So you can’t really say that Hasbro doesn’t care about it.

That’s DHX, not Hasbro.  
Hasbro approves ideas suggested by DHX.  

And sometimes they intervene… like all the redemptions we got as of late.  

If Hasbro really did care, then who the hell thinks having so many shorts and only 2 specials worth of story subtanace per year/ “season” is a good idea?  
I don’t have said tweet here posted on this site  
It’s stated that Hasbro orders what they want from the DHX EG team and that’s apparently what we got.  
They could have made EG 11/22 min episodic series if wanted so, but that’s all up to Hasbro.

I doubt Hasbro cares about EG more than just another product placement.  
They keep screwing the YouTube encodes for starters especially since the ‘Digital Series’ is a huge step towards a new direction for this franchise and they couldn’t even maintain the quality in terms of coloration and audio.  
(The Summertime shorts had none of that problem, what the hell happened? And yeah why didn’t they upload Coinky-Dink World and Good Vibes?)  
|| Pre-FF shorts and FF except CYOAs  

(The following one actually been reoccurring since some of Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games shorts even.. smh  
Post-FF shorts except RoF and most CYOAs  
||
Background Pony #919E
And sometimes they intervene… like all the redemptions we got as of late.

To be fair, the problem with Vignette wasn’t the fact she was forgiven. It was the fact she wasn’t portrayed in any sympathetic or redeemable light throughout the special, which I doubt is something Hasbro would’ve forced. Was this originally written with her being a villain that stays antagonistic and they had to change it last minute or something? Her being forgiven changes absolutely nothing about the plot and it can easily be ignored altogether, unlike Juniper Montage where her redemption was the resolution of the story.

[bp]If Hasbro really did care, then who the hell thinks having so many shorts and only 2 specials worth of story subtanace per year/ “season” is a good idea?  
I don’t have said tweet here posted on this site  
It’s stated that Hasbro orders what they want from the DHX EG team and that’s apparently what we got.  
They could have made EG 11/22 min episodic series if wanted so, but that’s all up to Hasbro. [/bq]  
I fully agree that that should be the format EqG takes, especially if they would opt for a serialized approach. But hey, they did greenlight Forgotten Friendship (probably for the Beach minis, but still), and it’s certainly better than what we got before.
Animanga21
Artist -

The redemptions don’t really matter. It’s not like any of those characters are gonna come back.

But in the particular case of Vignette, there wasn’t really a redemption, there was forgiveness, but there wasn’t anything showing Vignette “changed her ways” or whatnot. She just finally got put into a place beneath someone else and was put on a platform of shame in front of everyone and had to listen, and I don’t think any actual person who’s not a literal supervillain isn’t going to apologize for how they acted in that situation.
Background Pony #919E
@Animanga21  
Which is a shame, because I think Juniper and especially Wallflower could benefit from getting another appearance.

@Gian Song Yim  
[bq=”Gian Song Yim”]
(The following one actually been reoccurring since some of Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games shorts even.. smh
Post-FF shorts except RoF and most CYOAs
[/spoiler] [/bq]  
To be fair, the differences on those are so subtle that even someone as observant as myself wouldn’t notice without a direct side-by-side comparison.
Background Pony #217E
drawn the same as the mane cast

She’s not? Pretty sure her character model is different than humane seven.  
Vastly different.
Background Pony #217E
@Background Pony #4CEF  
That was ONLY one music video.  
Different angles too. She’s more in the background.  
Not to mention, that’s all in Rarity’s head.  
(And can’t you just post the image here instead linking to other sites, why you always do that?)  
Did you skip everything else?  
EG1? The Finals Countdown? The Last Day of School? etc.  
Jeez….  
full  
BTW shouldn’t you be asking Ishi Rudell on Twitter like you usually do?  
He’s the director. He has way more info on these stuff than any of us.

Cheerilee is older than the students for obvious reasons  
There’s no way her character model is the same as the girls.  

And nope, most character models are not the same.  
Gloriosa has a different shape of head compared to the girls.  
>>1606176p (deleted)

And she’s definitely bustier than the main cast.  

(more or less)  

Boi, is the hiatus really that bad?  
To the point of questioning character models?  
I know, it’s a general thread but c’mon…
Background Pony #217E
@sTs  
You’re missing the point but ok.  
I said that only occurred once and she’s in the background.  
Comparing w/ the others in the same shot is inaccurate.  
full  

Nothing about MVs being “bad” or probably won’t watch lol  
I don’t even know what you were trying to jam into this convo.
Gian~

EG Enthusiast
This pairing probably won’t offend anyone..  
Then again canon pairings (without fail) wil offend someone because “muh waifu”/“going against my headcanon” since romance was never the main focus in MLP until as of late (slowing shifting the focus, but never the center stage)  
jfc, why shipping always cause so much drama  
Pudding Pone
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

FriendSHIP
@Gian Song Yim  
I saw people hating this poor guy mostly because of he’s physical appearance male equestria girl character just can’t catch a break can they.  

I saw somebody literally say this  
I hate this waifu thief
Alizarin Is mine

all Because he had a crush on alizarin bubblegum who is a random background character mind you  
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide