Viewing last 25 versions of post by Summersong in topic The semi-canon Hitch x Zipp and why it doesn't work

Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
[@Pinto Bean](/forums/pony/topics/the-semi-canon-hitch-x-zipp-and-why-it-doesn-t-work?post_id=5295235#post_5295235)

I was so unreasonably angry about a show for six-year-olds back in G4 because making Twilight an AlIcOrN broke the 2 of each race balance, thus undermining the concept of equality vital to harmony. (Starlight later replaced her, of course, making it "even" so long as we take an AlIcOrN as inherently even.)

G5 never HAD that balance, but would be able to replicate G4's if Sunny is taken as an AlIcOrn and they add Sprout and Misty.

I also jokingly promoted Rarijack because they act like an old married couple but condemned any and all shipping amongst the Six / Seven for maybe sort of the same reason you're worried about Hitch & Zipp. Just like messing up the racial balance, having some of the connections be romances instead of friendships makes it uneven and thus not Harmony.

Honestly, even having two sisters screws up the G5 group - they should have a much deeper connection with each other than everyone else does. Sunny and Hitch seem to have only known each other casually, and Izzy had no friends at all before the movie, so far as I know.

But let's be fair, the G4 group should have suffered from this even worse - before the Nightmare Moon incident, AJ and Rarity knew each other basically their whole lives, as did RD and Fluttershy, and they all spent at least a few years together in Ponyville with Pinkie, while Twilight had never met any of them. And of course, Starlight just sorta joined up several seasons down the line.

This never came up. In fact we barely ever saw their lives before meeting Twilight unless there was some pressing reason to. Unless it had to bring it up explicitly as a plot point, the show passively acted like none of them had ever met each other before Nightmare Moon.

So I'm sure G5 is just going to gloss over the discrepancies the same way. I guess the kids won't notice, but the reason G4 took off in the first place is that they put enough thought into it for adults to find it worthwhile too.

Oh well.
No reason given
Edited by Summersong