Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cosmas-the-Explorer in topic Times that MLP failed at friendship

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I will say in hindsight, that the cats deaths were kind of overly edgy for me.

Honestly that first comic arc was a little to over the top for my tastes. I preferred the Nightmare Rarity and Big Mac arcs but that's unrelated.

Now I think there was a practical reason besides dark comedy for that kitten scene. Since this was the first comic arc, it showed that the IDW comics would have more the potential to have more mature content than the show.

Although a bit crude, it was meant to show that there that the comics had the potential to be darker than the show.

Whether this justifies this scene or not is up to you, that's just my idea for why they included this scene.
No reason given
Edited by Cosmas-the-Explorer
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I will say in hindsight, that the cats were kind of overly edgy for me.

Honestly that first comic arc was a little to over the top for my tastes. I preferred the Nightmare Rarity and Big Mac arcs but that's unrelated.

Now I think there was a practical reason besides dark comedy for that kitten scene. Since this was the first comic arc, it showed that the IDW comics would have more the potential to have more mature content than the show.

Although a bit crude, it was meant to show that there that the comics had the potential to be darker than the show.

Whether this justifies this scene or not is up to you, that's just my idea for why they included this scene.
No reason given
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I will say in hindsight, that the cats were kind of unnovecessarily edgy for me.

I think there was a practical reason besides dark comedy. Since this was the first comic arc, it showed that the IDW comics would have more the potential to have more mature content than the show.

No reason given