Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@gingerninja666":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4855520#post_4855520

)

Cozy Glow is basically a filly version of Tirek, who had a family that by all accounts wasn't bad... and "[yet he was a power-hungry prick from the get-go,":](/images/868688) except she arguably enjoys backstabbing more than _*he_* does, and she hides herself behind "insincere syrupy sweetness," as Tirek put it.

She was a student performing well, in a School of Friendship, meaning she'd sit through say, Fluttershy talking about how much being bullied in her childhood hurt her, pass any tests related to it, she was close to Twilight and all of her friends, she was being helpful to others... and it all meant *_**nothing_*** to her.

She knows what it is, she doesn't _*care_*. She's acutely aware of what the right and wrong sensibilities of society at large are, because she manipulated others with them, and she isn't some _*idealist_* whose worldview can be crushed into dust like with Starlight, or Neighsay -~~(well, if you can call his mindset "[he obviously grew out":](/images/2158814) of an 'ideal')-~~. She shows more than a few traits of a psychopath, and you can't really treat that.

(On a related note, the Fluttershy hypothetical quite _*probably_* happened, because to compare a quote or two from Hurricane Fluttershy to that last two parter)

[bq]

> *
*Fluttershy**: [voiceover] The other foals used to tease me, a lot!

> *
*Foals**: [chanting] Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly![/bq]

[bq]

> *
*Cozy Glow**: Now, now, professor. We all know you're not the fast one.[/bq]

I can't help but feel that was an intentional callback.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@gingerninja666":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4855520#post_4855520

Cozy Glow is basically a filly version of Tirek, who had a family that by all accounts wasn't bad... and "yet he was a power-hungry prick from the get-go,":/images/868688 except she arguably enjoys backstabbing more than _he_ does, and she hides herself behind "insincere syrupy sweetness," as Tirek put it.

She was a student performing well, in a School of Friendship, meaning she'd sit through say, Fluttershy talking about how much being bullied in her childhood hurt her, pass any tests related to it, she was close to Twilight and all of her friends, she was being helpful to others... and it all meant *_nothing_* to her.

She knows what it is, she doesn't _care_. She's acutely aware of what the right and wrong sensibilities of society at large are, because she manipulated others with them, and she isn't some _idealist_ whose worldview can be crushed into dust like with Starlight, or Neighsay -(well, if you can call his mindset "he obviously grew out":/images/2158814 of an ideal)-. She shows more than a few traits of a psychopath, and you can't really treat that.

(On a related note, the Fluttershy hypothetical quite _probably_ happened, because to compare a quote or two from Hurricane Fluttershy to that last two parter)

[bq]*Fluttershy*: [voiceover] The other foals used to tease me, a lot!
*Foals*: [chanting] Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly![/bq]

[bq]*Cozy Glow*: Now, now, professor. We all know you're not the fast one.[/bq]

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@gingerninja666":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4855520#post_4855520

Cozy Glow is basically a filly version of Tirek, who had a family that by all accounts wasn't bad... and "yet he was a power-hungry prick from the get-go,":/images/868688 except she arguably enjoys backstabbing more than _he_ does, and she hides herself behind "insincere syrupy sweetness," as Tirek put it.

She was a student performing well, in a School of Friendship, meaning she'd sit through say, Fluttershy talking about how much being bullied in her childhood hurt her, pass any tests related to it, she was close to Twilight and all of her friends, she was being helpful to others... and it all meant *_nothing_* to her.

She knows what it is, she doesn't _care_. She's acutely aware of what the right and wrong sensibilities of society at large are, because she manipulated others with them, and she isn't some _idealist_ whose worldview can be crushed into dust like with Starlight, or Neighsay. She shows more than a few traits of a psychopath, and you can't really treat that.

(On a related note, the Fluttershy hypothetical quite _probably_ happened, because to compare a quote or two from Hurricane Fluttershy to that last two parter)

[bq]*Fluttershy*: [voiceover] The other foals used to tease me, a lot!
*Foals*: [chanting] Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly![/bq]

[bq]*Cozy Glow*: Now, now, professor. We all know you're not the fast one.[/bq]

No reason given
Edited by AC97