Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic Unpopular opinion time

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"[@Brass Beau":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4936766#post_4936766

)

Quite debatable. The show has just been undermining its own formula for villains all the time. But the influence of the villains on the fandom is undeniable. This is proven by the sheer number of artworks, music and fanfics. A project like Equestria at War (an excellent Hearts of Iron IV mod with lots of show-inspired lore) would hardly have been realized if the fandom had rejected them.

What was (rightly) criticized was whether it was really necessary to reform many villains. In my opinion, Hasbro didn't do itself any favor in outsourcing the backgrounds of the villains to the comics, only to explain that they are non-canon. I mean seriously: WTF?

From a purely economic point of view, I have never understood the agenda of toy manufacturers such as Hasbro or Mattel, who have spent a lot of money on the fact that writers and illustrators took the effort to create background stories and lore, and also to produce relatively high-quality products such as comicbooks, only to be able to say afterwards: It's ~~trash~~ pointless anyway.

At least the fandom was so creative to give the villains the respect that I think they deserve. And please don't get me wrong. If I get a little upset now, it's not because of you, it's because of my lack of understanding with those responsible for this mess. ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4936766#post_4936766

Quite debatable. The show has just been undermining its own formula for villains all the time. But the influence of the villains on the fandom is undeniable. This is proven by the sheer number of artworks, music and fanfics. A project like Equestria at War (an excellent Hearts of Iron IV mod with lots of show-inspired lore) would hardly have been realized if the fandom had rejected them.

What was (rightly) criticized was whether it was really necessary to reform many villains. In my opinion, Hasbro didn't do itself any favor in outsourcing the backgrounds of the villains to the comics, only to explain that they are non-canon. I mean seriously: WTF?

From a purely economic point of view, I have never understood the agenda of toy manufacturers such as Hasbro or Mattel, who have spent a lot of money on the fact that writers and illustrators took the effort to create background historyies and lore, and also to produce relatively high-quality products such as comicbooks, only to be able to say afterwards: It's trash anyway.

At least the fandom was so creative to give the villains the respect that I think they deserve. And please don't get me wrong. If I get a little upset now, it's not because of you, it's because of my lack of understanding with those responsible for this mess. ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4936766#post_4936766

What was (rightly) criticized was whether it was really necessary to reform many villains. In my opinion, Hasbro didn't do itself any favor in outsourcing the backgrounds of the Vvillains to the comics, only to explain that they are non-canon. I mean seriously: WTF?

From a purely economic point of view, I have never understood the agenda of toy manufacturers such as Hasbro or Mattel, who have spent a lot of money on the fact that writers and illustrators took the effort to create background history and lore, and also to produce relatively high-quality products such as comicbooks, only to be able to say afterwards: It's trash anyway.

No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0

Quite debatable. The show has just been undermining its own formula for villains all the time. But the influence of the villains on the fandom is undeniable. This is proven by the sheer number of artworks, music and fanfics. A project like Equestria at War (an excellent Hearts of Iron IV mod with lots of show-inspired lore) would hardly have been realized if fandom had rejected them.

What was (rightly) criticized was whether it was really necessary to reform many villains. In my opinion, Hasbro didn't do itself any favor in outsourcing the backgrounds of the Villains to the comics, only to explain that they are non-canon. I mean seriously: WTF?

From a purely economic point of view, I have never understood the agenda of toy manufacturers such as Hasbro or Mattel, who have spent a lot of money on the fact that writers and illustrators took the effort to create background history and lore, and also to produce relatively high-quality products such as IDW comicbooks, only to be able to say afterwards: It's trash anyway.

No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian