Viewing last 25 versions of post by ArrJaySketch in topic Word Of God is not canon

ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I think "canon" is anything that is part odf the official media, be it cartoons, comics, chapter books, etc. (Pony seems to operate on different continuities, though, because different media does a poor job of supporting other media, or it's strikingly one-way. Blizzard does a remarkable job of keeping different media in line with other, most of the time.)

"Word of God" might clarify canon intent a bit, but stuff said outside the material kind of doesn't matter. A screencap of Lauren Faust's comments on DeviantArt about "Feeling Pinkie Keen" probably aren't going to have much impact on a first-time viewer's impression of the episode (for better or for worse).

Sort of like how I've read all of Harry Potter, I don't really take Rowling's comments too seriously. It doesn't change what I've already taken away from the books.
No reason given
Edited by ArrJaySketch
ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I think "canon" is anything that is part od the official media, be it cartoons, comics, chapter books, etc. (Pony seems to operate on different continuities, though, because different media does a poor job of supporting other media, or it's strikingly one-way. Blizzard does a remarkable job of keeping different media in line with other, most of the time.)

"Word of God" might clarify canon intent a bit, but stuff said outside the material kind of doesn't matter. A screencap of Lauren Faust's comments on DeviantArt about "Feeling Pinkie Keen" probably aren't going to have much impact on a first-time viewer's impression of the episode (for better or for worse).

Sort of like how I've read all of Harry Potter, I don't really take Rowling's comments too seriously. It doesn't change what I've already taken away from the books.
No reason given
Edited by ArrJaySketch