General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #283A
May you help with rating tags on that?  
Does it need any *dark tags at all?  
And maybe it should be tagged questionable or something due to Rarity’s Owl’s nipples
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
Retrowave has 29 images listed as of this moment, but is missing a description. I’d like to suggest one.

Long description:
Images that emulate artwork common in the 80s. Often includes but is not limited to neon, heavily-saturated colors, simple computer-generated imagery, and semi-abstract components. May also include 80s paraphernalia such as era-appropriate clothing or technology.”
Short description:
“The 80s were like totally rad, dude!”
Example image:
Ponylooker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Platinum bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

We Crossdress Harder
It would be nice of we could do something with outrun, synthwave, retrowave, and any other synonyms we might have out there. Outrun (KnowYourMeme) seems to be associated more with the visual style, while synthwave (Wikipedia) seems to be more about the musical style. I don’t know exactly what retrowave is, but searching for it makes the Wikipedia article for synthwave come up. Whatever we go with, they should probably be aliased together, and imply 80s and retro.
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
It would be nice of we could do something with outrun, synthwave, retrowave, and any other synonyms we might have out there. Outrun (KnowYourMeme) seems to be associated more with the visual style, while synthwave (Wikipedia) seems to be more about the musical style. I don’t know exactly what retrowave is, but searching for it makes the Wikipedia article for synthwave come up. Whatever we go with, they should probably be aliased together, and imply 80s and retro.

Retrowave is the visual style, and one of several terms people have been using to refer to this 80s throwback style of art. As you’ve mentioned Synthwave involves music. The two are obviously related but not the same category and thus should not be aliased. It would be like aliasing “Rave” into every image with neon lights.

While I’m unfamiliar with the Outrun meme, the game itself was developed in the 80s and so shares the same art qualities. While some images may be based on it, the style itself does not originate from the game.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
To get back to my original question here,

@FrustrationInExcelsis  
How, exactly, is the unicorn twilight tag generally used on this site? I would assume that at the very least it would be warranted to use it in situations where a picture is explicitly set in an AU where someone else became an alicorn or alicorn transformations never happened for whatever reason, so that Twilight being a unicorn is an intentional point, yes?

Leaving the nebulosity of how this tag is or is not used aside, would it be warranted to tag it onto 1615622, 1616958 and 1627397, which are AUs where the Nightmare wins and doesn’t cotton to other alicorns hanging around so a unicorn Twilight stays, and 1623333 and 1625994, which are set in AUs where someone else becomes the bearer of the Element of Magic and thus an alicorn princess down the line?
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@FrustrationInExcelsis  
Yeah.  
Feel free to tag it on any image of Twilight as a unicorn.  
If another mod asks you about it, just tell them to talk to me. And if they tell you to stop, obey them while waiting for a response.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
I’m sorry to keep bringing this specific tagging issue up, but my edits re the “unicorn twilight” tag keep getting reverted by another user after I make them. I don’t particularly want to start an edit war, so I wanted to ask what one is expected to do when this happens.

Also, I figure this would be a good thing to know in case this sort of thing happens again in the future.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide