General Tag Discussion

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Someone with appropriate powers please add “pt” and “book” to >>2179189 so that it disappears from my searches. The tags are locked, so I cannot do it myself.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@saby  
Nothing to do with filters, the image was just missing the “twilight sparkle (alicorn)” tag.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Pulse Wave  
I suppose.

On a very unrelated note, I’ve been doing some work on some peril and vore image tagging lately (stuff like damsels in distress, cannibal cauldrons, or snakes hypnotizing ponies). Here’s the major tags given definitions/implications and applied thoroughly:  
  • tied to tracks  
  • cooked  
  • cooked alive  
  • pony as food et al.  
  • predation

The “x as food” tags are all species-specific (currently there’s no “human as food” or “anthro as food”), and I’m open to suggestions on what to name the umbrella tag for them.  
    I’d also like to know how people currently feel in general on this tagging area, like whether there’s still something missing; I haven’t created any new tags for this, but I suspect eventually I will need to. Note the cooking vore tag, which I previously worked on to try to deal with this, but ultimately was just a better name for “gynophagia”, and has issues with determining when to tag (certainly isn’t appropriate for the screencaps of Dash in the cauldron in MMC).
Napsack
Typically turned to the funny pages - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

why
@LightningBolt  
If I remember correctly, that tag originally spawned on this site from the monster mare encyclopedia.

Considering the original concept of monster girls is ‘attractive female with animal/plant/insect/whatever parts slapped on’, I guess this is a continuation of that idea for ponies? There is a specific theme there that we might want to keep separate, though I’m inclined to merge it into monster or something if it has nothing to do with the original concept.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Napsack  
Unfortunately the tagger who keeps adding it has no regard for what the creature is, and even tagged it on a few males mistakenly (including one of mine so that was when I first noticed) so it seems to have little definition.

I am fine with having it be on those images in the tag you linked as that makes sense. But with how it’s just tagged randomly on monster pony females and some traps seems a bit too much.
Napsack
Typically turned to the funny pages - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

why
@LightningBolt  
I would think it fits on any monster-like mares to some degree, but it should definitely stay away from stallions.

If you want to restrict its use to only encyclopedia-related stuff, that works too.
Toastypk

Royal Advisor
What do you say about the “giant demon alicorn cozy glow” tag?  
Although it works, I’ve seen the occasional post with people throwing names out there.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide