Feedback needed - Anthro ponies

TariToons
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Hey there, first time that I post here in the forums :D

So, I have been drawing a bunch of anthropomorphized ponies the past few days. I personally really like how they turned out but a friend of mine told me, that their faces are creepy … so I would like to get a bit more feedback on that.  
Please note that this is about the designs and the style, not about my artistic craftsmenship.  
Also, my scanner was not too friendly with the colours, I tried to rescue what there is, but the colours look much better in real life.

full full full full full full
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
I like the faces. I can see how some people might react to the size of the eyes, but that’s a personal preference thing.
MegaHerts
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Artist -

Couple of suggestions:

1. Experiment with the spacing between eyes. As of now, they are a little narrow. Increasing the space between them may create a more subtle human-looking effect.  
  2. Exaggerate the vertical size of the irises to match the vertical exaggeration of the eyes. As of now, your irises are a little short, and the sclera around the iris starts creating this look that they are opening their eyes really wide. From observation, the shape of the sclera is very important for how a human person reads expressions. That might throw your expressions off and come off as creepy  
  3. Additionally, look at IRL eyes and notice how eyelashes are not equally thick on either side of the eye. The upper eyelid have significantly thicker eyelashes than the bottom eyelash. Experiment if having thicker lines on top of the eye or even completely omitting the outline for the bottom of the eye. That might also help the uncanny effect your friend was telling you about
Eggonaught
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

Have you tried playing with the levels after scanning? A lot of scans need colour adjustment to avoid that faded look. Fuchs might be a good person to ask about that, since she gets great results scanning coloured pencils and… oil pastels, I think?

It’s really hard to avoid the uncanny valley with almost-human faces. For all the shit we give Equestria Girls, they did a pretty good job of it.  
The really easy way out would be adopting muzzles to make them look less human.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide