Ask the mods anything

Some Pacifier Pone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Caption the Picture Above You
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <PacificGlow> DEEWKS NUTZ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

um???? lmao???
@Dave33333  
@Lobinchi  
I had a fake ban once for non-stop shitposting in the politics thread, and I temporarily felt like a piece of shit too. Just go to the #derpibooru-help IRC if this ever happens again ;)

Also, those “mini heart attacks” are called panic attacks. I experience them frequently because of my panic disorder.
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Question stuff and enjoy
What country do you think derpibooru would be most like in comparison? And what world leader do you think you most resemble?
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Dave33333  
We respond when we have time. It’s not like anyone is constantly refreshing their notifications to jump at every single question immediately.
Dave33333
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DVE> ...I'll accept my ban on the condition I don't end up with a duck badge. Seeing "OP is a Troll" didn't help me calm down. But I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Thread Starter - The RP Thread with no Sense!

Undesirable
Which one of you admins are the most experienced?

And I mean the longest running, most fair, most experienced admin?
Dave33333
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DVE> ...I'll accept my ban on the condition I don't end up with a duck badge. Seeing "OP is a Troll" didn't help me calm down. But I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Thread Starter - The RP Thread with no Sense!

Undesirable
Which one of you admins are the most experienced?

And I mean the longest running, most fair, most experienced admin?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Binkyt11  
Everyone on staff can submit a nomination. Everyone on staff can vote for three of the nominations. Winner is the featured image.

Everyone has their own criteria for what makes a good featured image - I like to look for images with less than 100 upvotes, at least 2 years or older, from artists who haven’t been featured before but who are still creating new art for the fandom.
Binkyt11
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
@Ciaran  
Oh no not the featured images. Spoilered images like you see around the site if you have something spoilered. I should have made that a bit clearer on my end. ^^;
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dave33333  
If by “longest running” you mean people who are almost always on the site, 24 hours a day, probably LightningBolt and Zeb. I don’t believe they ever actually sleep.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Binkyt11  
We just make them. There’s not really any kinda formal process - a mod/assistant either makes one and sets it, or occasionally will set one that a community member made.
Lobinchi
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Lobinchi> i don't want any cocks in my quotes!
Thread Starter - Lewd Talk Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Restoring Lobi...
@zippysqrl  
I’ve never talked with him/her but i’ve seen owners of other sites before and the fact that i haven’t seen him causing problems or loosing his/her head is totally okay to me~ I guess?

But i guess he takes care of paying the server or something while the admins and mods take care of the support for the site~ right? >w<
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Binkyt11  
D’oh - I have no idea how I misread that so badly. Probably time for me to try to get some of this “sleep” I’ve been hearing so much about.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Binkyt11  
They just kinda happen based on show-relavant stuff that seems funny and fitting without being too out there. They’re done by various stuff and some non-staff. I’ve done one, the vomit spoiler, and I know one normal user did the diaper fetish one. Most are just based off screencaps, some are just in the style.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide