Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Lobinchi  
Imagine everything you think you’d have to do to keep a site like this running, then multiply that by about twenty. It’s not just paying for things, stuff is constantly changing, too, like APIs for partners and tools, keeping compliant with all the registrations, and keeping our own APIs working. It’s like a 50 person software company behind the scenes here. The only thing missing is an HR and Accounting departments.

I mean, it all seems fairly easy and straight forward, until people start talking about pushing to production and making sure certs are right and that some compliance request got responded to.

2LDR: if you don’t basically either manage or own a networking or software company, doing a site like this as a relaxing hobby is probably impossible.
Lobinchi
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Lobinchi> i don't want any cocks in my quotes!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - Lewd Talk Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Restoring Lobi...
@Ciaran  
Yeah, but i thought that he had not TOO MUCH to worry about since he has Aeryis or mods that know about that kind of stuff, the technical part~ Now imagine a person with 0 support, ZERO :33 That’s awfull.

But i’m glad this site is still going up ^^ All the staff deserves a hug for that~ Sometimes i kinda want to help but uhh… I don’t know, i’m not the kind of “STAP IT OR I’LL BAN YA!” girl D:
ZippySqrl
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Lady's Wink -
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Tired Artist
@Lobinchi  
you’re confusing technical server management stuff with person-to-person communication and staff-management stuff.  
TSP’s real-life job involves talking to a lot of people, often stupid ones.
Arcaire
Ten Seconds Flat - Zero to booru hero in under 24 hours.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - :^)
Always Codes Drunk - In the Zone

Systems / Ops Alumni
@Lobinchi  
Concerns are mostly separated:

• Teaspoon pays for the servers (at present there’s about three to run the site)  
  • Joey, DragonWraith, and DJDavid98 manage all of the code that actually comprises the site (new features, bug fixes, etc.)  
  • I manage the servers (make sure they’re running properly / the networks are fine / everything is updated and secure) and handle the processes/applications running on them (the site has a lot of moving parts)

Roughly in hierarchical order there, and reverse-order for “who gets yelled at first when things aren’t working”.

Beyond the technical team, moderators and assistants mostly self-organise into camps depending on their interests. Some handle community relations, some handle rule violations, some handle metadata. There’s plenty of overlap between camps here.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
What country do you think derpibooru would be most like in comparison? And what world leader do you think you most resemble?

For me, it feels less like a country, and a lot more like a 90’s era start-up research and development blacklab, with everyone wearing the same clothes all the time, people playing games in their cubes 24x7, free beer and whiskey and coffee and tea in the kitchen, with all the frozen pizzas and microwave popcorn you can eat for free, and the only mission is something like “Go to moon, get rock”, and we all spend all day in IRC or gaming or coding some amazing new thing that everyone outside of the building thinks is impossible, but no one bothered to tell us.

So, maybe Mongolia under Ghengis Khan.

And I’ve been told I look like and talk like, and even manage like, Tomiichi Murayama. Which I’m ok with.
Dave33333
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DVE> ...I'll accept my ban on the condition I don't end up with a duck badge. Seeing "OP is a Troll" didn't help me calm down. But I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Thread Starter - The RP Thread with no Sense!

Undesirable
@Dave33333
We’re not changing the rules regarding non-safe avatars :)

Well, this isn’t the problem I wanted to confront you about. It was the way you admins had handled the situation earlier.

But I don’t wanna bash admins in public, so I’m basically asking for the admin that will look at both sides of the argument and PM with him or her.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Dave33333  
A user’s avatar was removed due to it breaking rule #7; said user and others then stated in a thread on this site that they intended to “protest” that by further breaking rule #7. A moderator informed them that such actions would be against the rules, and several users reacted as if the gestapo had just burst through the door and taken away their children.

The situation is ridiculous for how big of a deal you’re making it out to be. Mods will be wherever they need to be on the site to enforce the rules and inform users of the rules. If you don’t want this to happen then follow the rules.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide