Ask the mods anything

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@some-guy  
One of the many things that I’m really going to miss after Derpi goes away is the moderation. I don’t know any other place on the internet where moderation actually works so well as it does here.

Another thing worth mentioning are the devs. A few times I’ve asked for a new feature, then two hours later it’s already in production. I don’t recall that happening ever anywhere else.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@JP  
One of the many things that I’m really going to miss after Derpi goes away is the moderation.

The site won’t be going away for a while though :P
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Is there a way to find out if two different accounts actually belong to the same person? I don’t want to kick anyone, but if this kind of behavior burdens others (peaceful users with problems), maybe it might also interest the staff.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Mikey

I have only one suspicion, no proof. So I’m gonna back off. But as soon as the suspicion hardens, I will (have to) say something. To save damage from others (and me too).
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@DarkObsidian  
Yes there is, but we do everything we can to respect people’s privacy so only moderators and administrators are allowed to do that.

@DarkObsidian  
Please just report your suspicions. We’ll look. If nothing comes of it, then it’s fine. If someone is using multiple profiles to self-harm, create drama, or to sockpuppet or anything else that is rule-breaking, then we’ll deal with it and no one will know if reported them, or if someone on staff just noticed it and took care of it before anyone else on the site realized what was happening.

You can even report yourself for a reason of “Other” and describe what you are seeing in the text field, if you want.
ApplejackFan204
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Awesome dude
Remember back in 2012 when the creators tricked us into thinking that we were going to get an episode where Fluttershy turned into a dragon, or a Rarity and Octavia duet? Those were the days.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
If I see changes in a description on an image I uploaded, would it be ok if I blockquote the description it or just leave it alone?

How you format the description is very much up to your own personal style - for me, I like to blockquote the original description if I’m uploading someone else’s art, or to highlight things like alternate sources, etc.

So - yeah, go for it. And if it’s on an image that someone else uploaded and you see something in the original description that you thing should be on the site, just let us know with a report for a reason of “Other” on the image.

Sometimes artists don’t want some things here that are on the original description, but too often the image is uploaded in a way that doesn’t bring the description with it, or really breaks the description including breaking links or line breaks, etc, and it’s nice to get that description as the artist created it - including links, too.
Background Pony #0F0C
I have a question about the tagging of images featuring a certain character. She’s and magic-powered android created by a (presumably drunk) Sunset Shimmer and Sci-Twi. The character (Gamma) is programmed to view Sunset and Twilight as her mothers. However, she doesn’t have any organic components (as far as I’m aware, correct me if I’m wrong). My question is this: should images featuring Gamma have the “parent:sunset shimmer/parent:sci-twi” and the “scientific/magical lesbian spawn” tags. As she is a machine they they built, not their “spawn” it has given me a deal of confusion trying to decide for myself. Also, should images of Gamma have the “sunsetsparkle” tag? Because if Gamma exists, then Sunset and Sci-Twi are in a relationship.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
If they are built, not born, then they really don’t have parents, and aren’t “offspring”. It is more like they’re adopted, and we don’t have tags for that. So, the parental, and shipping, and offspring tags don’t seem appropriate for that character.

You can certainly include that information in the description.

But someone looking for “sunsetsparkle” images is going to be disappointed if they get that image in a result, because neither Sunset nor Twilight are in it.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Background Pony #3454  
September 25th. If you’re using a PC/laptop, hover your cursor over the text that says when it was posted (“posted less than a minute ago”, “posted three months ago”, etc) and it will tell you the exact date and time.
AppleCider120
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Ciaran  
Like if I’m looking to combine a fetish tag, with a character name. Incest ones are okay, cause you just search their ship names, but it you say “Twilight Spitroast”, nothing will come up.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@AppleCider120  
Oh, you have to use commas to separate the tags, and they have to be actual tags, like

“twilight sparkle,spitroast”

You can search for the tag you want under the Tags tab on the top menu of each page.

There’s also a Search Syntax Help page, with more details about searches.

So, it’s not like google - the search tool won’t guess terms for you, you have to actually use a real term, or it’s alias. And the separators you use are very important.

For example, comma is the same as AND or &&. And you can use parenthesis to really dial in what you are searching for.

In other words, add a comma, and Bob’s yer uncle.
ArmadilloEater

French Taunter
I heard a rumor: if you pet TheSmilingPony’s head three times, a Trixie genie will come out of his ear and grant you one wish.  
Is this true? Can a mod try and report back?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide