Dragon Ball Thread

TheSoul70

@Dirty Bit

ok  
well the final scene of bardock against frieza is maintained where he shows his courage, this is reason that the rest they remember him, is all I need from him.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Dirty Bit  
It was a bit nonsensical. Bardock should not be strong enough to bust through Frieza’s entire army. I mean, did he bring his chump force with him for some reason? A reminder that a good proportion of them should be stronger than Nappa.
mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@TheSoul70  
Agreed. I love the new Broly so much.

@Dirty Bit  
So? I really don’t understand the complaint about the similarities the two characters have. Even with this, the similarities they have are fairly minimal.

The two characters don’t have the same personalities, they both have different moral compasses, and they both have different powers and weaknesses. Minus the bit about them being sent to earth because their parents worried about their safety, their backstories differ quite a bit too.

So what if they have some similarities? That’s kind of the nature of storytelling and character making, even if it’s not done deliberately. Sometimes some elements/tropes get reused.

@TheSoul70  
Thank you. I like the OG Bardock special but I prefer the one in the Broly movie for these reasons.

The one in the Broly movie also fixed some of the issues with the Minus manga as well. Unlike Minus, Bardock didn’t just distrust Freeza randomly. We got to see why Bardock had every right to distrust him and in the movie Bardock used his brain to figure out what Freeza was planning. I like this a lot better than him getting psychic powers like the original special or him just randomly guessing what happened in Minus. And unlike Minus, we do see Bardock try to fight against Freeza.

I also really liked that the movie had Saiyans have other jobs beyond just soldiers. I’m not too fond of the “planet of hats” trope where everyone of a particular fictional race has the same job and/or the same personality. Most of the time, it just doesn’t make sense (and in cases where people use the trope poorly, it comes off as kinda lazy and can lead to unfortunate implications territory). Think of us humans. We all have our own jobs, personalities, viewpoints, etc. We’re unique. Wouldn’t it be more interesting to do the same for fictional species/races as well?

I can buy that most Saiyans value strength and power due to their culture and because of it, many of them are soldiers. But all of them being like that? Not so much.

And again, that was a problem I had with Minus because it made Gine way too special. She’s the only Saiyan that doesn’t do combat? The Broly movie fixes this. Gine isn’t the only one who isn’t a soldier like in Minus. She’s shown working with other Saiyans to prepare food at their job. There were also Saiyan doctors and scientists. Beets wasn’t a soldier and seemed to be just a pilot for ships. That’s nice world-building and makes them feel more human and real even though they’re fictional aliens.

@Philweasel  
Exactly. Bardock is not an elite soldier or even a mid-rank one. He’s a low-class warrior. It doesn’t make sense that he’s able to just plow through a bunch of soldiers much more powerful than him with ease. I’m usually not one to care about power levels but even I think it was a bit much that he did that.
Background Pony #53E1
So according to this VJump Scan, Gogeta is coming to FighterZ in 6 Days from now.  
full
mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@TheSoul70  
I’d be okay with her appearing in FighterZ for another DLC pack. I’d also be okay with some more characters from OG Dragon Ball and GT making an appearance too. Maybe Demon King Piccolo, teen Chi-Chi (she can even use the Bansho Fan), Omega Shenron, and Pan as well.
Background Pony #53E1
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Gogeta is CLEAN! He’s out on the Switch Version of FighterZ!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide