Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Every time I hear “Broken” by lovelytheband (yes, that is their real band name), I always expect them to start singing “Control yourself / Take only what you neeeeed from it.”
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@ILoveMyoozik  
Agreed. And for god’s sake, why do so many recent band names suck?

Right off the top of my head, I can think of lovelytheband, Portugal. The Man, fun. (all lowercase and with a period at the end), MAGIC!, and 3OH!3.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman  
Not as bad as the band names from the 60’s like The Turtles, The Byrds, The Zombies, The Kinks, The Lovin’ Spoonful, The McCoys, Gerry & The Pacemakers, Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders, Freddie & The Dreamers, Gary Lewis & The Playboys and The Monkees. Hmm, I wonder who they were trying to imitate? Gee, I wonder…

I’s also be remissed if I didn’t bring up Spiral Starecase, 1910 Fruitgum Company and Strawberry Alarm Clock. Yes, these were real bands.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman  
Every decade has its share of bad band names, and those 2010’s you shared were the worst of that decade. The ones that I listed for the 60’s aren’t bad, especially the top ones, but they were way too derivative. The bottom ones though are horrible. I mean seriously, who names their bubblegum pop band 1910 Fruitgum Company? It sounds like the name of a candy manufacturer than a music act.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I mean seriously, who names their bubblegum pop band 1910 Fruitgum Company? It sounds like the name of a candy manufacturer than a music act.

It really does.

Here are some other horrible band names: The Dick Clark Five, Nine cm Worm Makes Own Food, The Vodka Family Winstons, Ashtray Babyheads, Ed Asner Is Gay, Zipgun, Fred Astaire’s Asshole, The Right To Eat Fred Astaire’s Asshole, and The Inalienable Right To Eat Fred Astaire’s Asshole.

(Wait, all of those were just the original names for the Butthole Surfers…)
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman  
I hate The Dick Clark Five, they’re the worst of The Beatles copycat bands and their number one song “Over And Over” is one of the worst songs of the 60’s.

Also, what the fuck are those other band names?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@ILoveMyoozik  
You’re thinking of The Dave Clark Five. I’m talking about The Dick Clark Five, which was one of the original band names used by the Butthole Surfers, as are all the rest of those names I just listed.

@The Equestrian Zodiac  
The fact that they were all different names literally used by the same band makes it funnier.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman  
Dave Clark Five. I like the Butthole Surfers, I find their music to be funny and enjoyable.

If you like a cheap, Wal-Mart brand Beatles that sings generic 60’s love songs and awful covers of soul songs from 5 years before, then DCF is the band for you.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
David Guetta ft. Akon - Sexy Chick  
“I’m tryna find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful…”  
FOLLOWED IMMEDIATELY BY  
“Damn, youse a sexy bitch! A sexy bitch!”

Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris - Tonight  
“Please excuse me, I don’t mean to be rude…”  
FOLLOWED IMMEDIATELY BY  
“…But tonight, I’m fuckin’ you!”
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@ILoveMyoozik  
Both of them have the first line about politeness immediately contradicted by the very next line, but at least Akon’s doesn’t sound rapey as all hell. Like, for all the people getting upset at “Blurred Lines” a few years later, where were they when “Tonight” was released?

No wonder Enrique hasn’t had any top 10 hits in the years since then.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide