Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@pixel  
It’s friggin awesome. Contrary to the title, not all of Christian Rock is specifically about God or Jesus or achieving spirituality. Most of it does have positive messages, but it’s mostly quasi-spiritual in nature. I just love it mostly because the instrumentation kicks ass, you can almost confuse them for actual legitimate rock bands. Newsboys, NEEDTOBREATHE, Switchfoot, Skillet, Jars Of Clay, Casting Crows, all of that.
DoomedBrony

existentialcrisis.exe
@ILoveMyoozik  
So, like…

I grew up in a pretty hardcore christian household, and basically wasn’t allowed to listen to “secular” music until I turned 18 (didn’t stop me from having a hidden stash of Slayer albums, but still).

Basically, if you couldn’t buy it at Mardel (a christian book/music/miscellany store owned by the same people who own Hobby Lobby, if you don’t know), it was verboten. Luckily, they had a metal section, so I had some music I could listen to openly.

Nowadays, obviously, I can listen to all the blasphemous music I please, but I still occasionally go back to the christian metal I listened to back in the day just for the nostalgia trip.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Labyrinthine  
too right there (about the edge lord). tho his time with the group didn’t seem to bother Glen but from what i’ve heard, fans weren’t too big on Ralph for nothing more than simply being Christian which is also quite weird as no one (as far as i’m aware) seems to bat a eye towards Tom’s religion. although Tom has been with Slayer since the beginning but not sure what difference that would even make.

@TheHappySpaceman  
hope you have fun :)
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Closet_Brony  
Which is what I’m saying. Christian music isn’t all that bad, especially not the ones who are straightforward with their “I love Jesus and God is great” theme. I consider myself a Christian and I do believe in God despite not being religious at all, but even I can say that the genre is great and I feel some sort of shame listening to it when I shouldn’t. I listen to basically every single genre in existance for crying out loud and here’s me with a “guilty pleasure”.
Voidhead

So a girl I’m kind of friends with constantly shit talks metalcore and hip-hop… and recently she just posted in Instagram that she’s seeing Twenty One Pilots live.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think it’s a shame that country music often tends to get overlooked because of country pop and bro-country.

A lot of country music is actually really beautiful and majestic sounding. It’s a real American art form, the soundtrack to the American countryside.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Lord Hypno  
Never thought that anybody would actually give country music the benefit of a doubt on this site but yes I agree. Honestly if I had the choice, I would definitely choose pop country over bro-country any day. Give me more Kane Brown and less Luke Bryan.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Lord Hypno  
I hate bro-country, it’s one of my least favorite subgenres ever. Not only was the years between 2011 and 2014 a dark time for country because of it, it was what tarnished the reputation of the genre. Luckily country is doing good now crossing over with pop because of artists like Kane Brown, Luke Combs, Dan + Shay and Maren Morris, but I think at this point, it left a pretty big black stain on the genre.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide