Music thread

Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
So i went to the movies this afternoon and saw the Bob Marley One Love it was really good following his story not going to say much it may contain spoilers but go and see it.
midob

E9th, C6
Beyonce making the transition to country with her new songs was better than I expected
I’ll have to check that out, hope it features steel guitar :)
Cyndi Lauper did some pretty decent country which exceeded my expectations.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Todd’s newest One Hit Wonderland is on Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Frankly (Get it?), I don’t consider this band a one hit wonder cause despite it being their only Top 40 hit in the US and their singles didn’t reach that level of success, I consider their second song Two Tribes to be a notable hit on its own despite it almost making the Top 40 in America.
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Album of the month for February this was a tough one between Job for A Cowboy and Spectral Voice and Morbid Saint so i went for Job For A Cowboy Moon Healer. It’s such a brilliant Progressive Tech Death Metal comeback record in 2024
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Since the recent One Hit Wonderland is for a song from 1985, here are some other one hit wonders of that year for him to do episodes on:
Jan Hammer “Miami Vice Theme”
Philip Bailey “Easy Lover” w/ Phil Collins
‘Til Tuesday “Voices Carry”
Jack Wagner “All I Need”
Arcadia “Election Day”
Mary Jane Girls “In My House”
Harold Falthemeyer “Axel F”
Scritti Politti “Perfect Way”
David Foster “Love Theme From St. Elmo’s Fire”
Paul Hardcastle “19” (This one would be my top pick for this year for him to cover)
Giuffria “Call To Your Heart”
The Firm “Radioactive”
Bronski Beat “Smalltown Boy”
Artists United Against Apartheid “Sun City”
Alison Moyet “Invisible”
Starpoint “Object Of My Desire”
Limahl “Never Ending Story”
Godley & Creme “Cry”
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
The Paul Hardcastle one is my top pick cause I want to know how a song like that got big in the same year when Madonna and Prince were ruling the pop charts and Todd can give a good insight on how in the 80’s, Vietnam vets were having a hard time adjusting back home for many reasons. I also want to see him cover Never Ending Story, I hope that he likes the song when he reviews it because I really love it.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Mr.Myoozik
I like some of Paul Hardcastle’s stuff, though with his particular music I’m still a bit new. Still, I do think Todd talking about him would be interesting. I’d want him to cover Never Ending Story too for the same reasons, including the fact I grew up on the first two entries from the movie series. If he doesn’t like it, well, as The Dude from The Big Lebowski would say, “That’s just your opinion, man”
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Honestly, I just use his One Hit Wonderland series as an excuse to find new music, and believe me when I say I’ve found a lot of good stuff from one hit wonders, the other songs that failed to become hits. For example, when he covered I Melt With You by Modern English, one song he briefly touched was a song of theirs called Hands Across The Sea which I seriously love.
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
There is one metal album this month i will avoid is the new Dust Bolt 5 songs in the past few months including the disco song just wanted me to skip it
midob

E9th, C6
I’ve mainly been into rock my whole life, but these past two years I’ve gotten into country, mainly because of the pedal steel guitar. Country music is practically a taboo here in England.
These songs combine my love of rock with the steel guitar:
Mark Knopfler - Walk Of Life -Paul Franklin’s solo at the end is magnificent.
House of the rising sun with Beau Hughes on steel guitar -This whole rendition of House of the rising sun is exquisite, the steel guitar, electric guitar, only the vocal work needs improvement IMO.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Beyonce for her 9th number one song with “Texas Hold Em” right behind Crazy In Love feat. Jay-Z, Baby Boy feat. Sean Paul, Check On It feat. Slim Thug & Bun B, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), Savage (Remix) w/ Megan Thee Stallion and Break My Soul. This is also the first ever country number one song by a black woman, which absolutely deserved since the song is really good and Nashville can go screw themselves for not seeing the good in this song.
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
There has been another 2024 comeback band back together again and it’s Mnemic this time omg it’s been a long time since i heard Mnemic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide