The DOOM thread

Viscera
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
@atalarikt  
My first impressions is “holy crap, the German servers is where I used to work”.

Overall, I don’t think that the Doom 1 review is that bad. At least not after hearing how it sucks. It sure has it’s oddities, though. I can understand thinking that the Berserk Pack wears of after some time. Many probably thought that, me included (I faintly remember that someone (John Romero?) admitted that the visual effect, of the red screen that gradually went back to normal, was a mistake, due to the confusion it caused. I might be wrong, though.). But I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t have an effect on fire rate.

What’s really weird is the caption of the screenshots of the first secret level. I’m not sure how this guy saw lizards in the imps, but okay. Claiming that they don’t fight back is just dumb, though. Maybe the incoming fireballs were to subtle for the reviewer…

I really like the last paragraph, though. It’s just so “ahead of it’s time” and really sounds like something a modern game journalist would write.

The Doom II review isn’t without it’s errors either. For one, when it’s not calling enemies by their appearance (“skeleton”, “fat man”), it gets their names wrong (calling a Pain Elemental a “Cacodemon” and a Heavy Weapons Dude a “Sergent”). Also, it’s odd how it says that HWDs are “weak but their guns have a long range”. Aside from the fact that there aren’t really any range limitations for ranged attacks in the first place, the actual trouble with these enemies is that their guns are full-automatic.
Hakar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Heart Gem - For users who have donated to the site
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Happy Derpy! -
Silver Supporter -
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I’ve just tried Going Down, and up to the beginning of the second level it was ‘push button, horde of enemies pops up.’, ‘open door, horde of enemies pops up.’ and ‘drop down chute, horde of enemies pops up.’.

Not exactly my cup of tea.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses

Ocellus is best buggo
@Hakar  
The fights do get pretty interesting with some nice level gimmicks. One has you switch between ruined and pristine versions of the same level, and another has you exploit infighting to thin out a crapton of revenants vs a Mastermind.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
I’m just glad Doom 4 (or DOOM as it’s now called, creating more problems for future historians) has gone back to its roots and dropped the “scary monster closet” shit that Doom 3 had.

Doom was never a horror game, it was a game about a space marine killing shit and being a badass while listening to heavy metal midies.

After Wolfenstein: New Order proved that the old way of shooters can still sell in todays market, I have high hopes. Now…if only we can get a new Pain Killer and a sequel to BulletStorm.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Whatevs

I am a consistently drunk, typically angry fantasy writer who plays more video games than I should, but sadly I’m not paid for any of it so no. Also not British enough.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Whatevs

I have a few stories in the works. My longest is currently 36 pages.

Though, I think Yahtzee actually writes mystery novels with fanatical elements, where I write pure high fantasy, so the comparison wasn’t complete.
atalarikt
Artist -

EqG fan + Love Liver
So, I just finished DOOM 64, although using the DOOM Wiki walkthrough occasionally. Can’t really consider it much of cheating, though. At least I got all the three Demon Keys and defeated Mother Demon with ease and without cheating (if you don’t consider using walkthrough one).

Speaking of it, what do you guys think of DOOM 64?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide