Things you hate about things you like

Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
Another variation on the ‘unpopular opinion theme.’

I didn’t like Mass Effect’s underlying message about unity and plurality. Too preachy imo.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Speaking of Mass Effect: I hated how it turned into action-schlock for the sequels.

I hate how the quote/unquote most socially/culturally/technologically advanced race/faction/culture in most fictional settings is almost always based on either Japan or new-age liberalism.

In terms of libertarian fiction, I tend to dislike how flat and one-dimensional the villainous faction is compared to the good faction. It comes across as a crutch to shore up any issues with the perceived libertarian utopia by making the villains really villainous.
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I hate some of the puzzles in the Legend of Zelda series, one of the obvious example being the Water Temple and the other TP’s Guardians of the Sacred Grove puzzle, though there are a few more. You shouldn’t look at something in a puzzle game and have your first thought be “haha there’s no fuckin’ way I’m not doing this without a walkthrough”.

I’m sure it’s the same for other games.

As for one of my all-time favorite games, Okami, I can’t stand how easy the boss fights are. I never died once in the game unintentionally, and the few times I did, it was to purposefully empty my astral pouch (I liked cutting down the trees, okay?).
professor_of_hoers

@And Brother I Hurt People

I love more difficult puzzles. So far as Okami, yeah, the boss fights are laughable. Also, back to the idea of hand holding, Okami is HORRIBLE with that.

You enter a room that has a big hole that would fit a spherical object in it and there’s a sphere in the room. Ok, obviously you’re going to push the orb into the hole. But NO, Issun has to say “Hey Ammy, maybe we should look for “round object” to put in there.

Or, when you just get the wind power and there are obvious, blowing flags everywhere your mind immediately says “Duh, blow the flags and jump on them.” Issun again says “Hey Ammy, maybe we can use the wind to jump across!”

It’s patronizing and annoying to me; a big annoyance in an otherwise amazing experience.
Rarewarefan

One of the things I don’t like about Japanese animation is how the censorship on some of them are just ridiculously stupid. Any anime that is missing content/references from Japanese culture shows that someone decided to edit them out of content. I remember reading an article that mentioned that Kirby Right Back At Ya/Hoshi no kirby had an episode where Kirby was in a ‘soda joint’(as the subtitles from the japanese version of the show say)

and Kirby is giving a cappy soda when he gets fired by that redneck wise-ass bird with a gun with blank bullets that scare Kirby. The only thing i hate about South park is how the adults are completely stupid. But then again, isn’t that the point of the show?
Soul Dew
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Hoof Boi
(In before Twilight being an alicorn)

I got a few.  
  1. My girlfriend gets offline when I get online.  
  2. My Pokémon always have bad stats.  
  3. Tests in college.  
  4. The fact that there aren’t anymore TF2 servers that have a number of players between 0 and full.

I’ll think of more.
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
“Touch of Death” in any video game. If a player character can, under any circumstances, go from full health to dead without accepting any control inputs inbetween the two states, someone has failed utterly at their job.

This applies to both one-hit-kills and stunlock combos. There is no point whatsoever in implementing a health gauge if you’re going to circumvent its purpose.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
Foreign Language requirements in college. I’m a blasted pre-med student, explain to me why I need to take French if I’m not going to be practicing in France? I’m all for more “well rounded students” but the fact that the FL req is a grade sink for most people is ridiculous. Having your grade brought down because you suck at another language, one that there is a chance you will never need to professionally use, is just asinine.
ParagonCommander
Thread Starter -  Super Smash Bros General Thread

Absent Tactician
I claim to be a Sonic fan, and yet I really don’t like the original game. I should like it, but I don’t.  
Some moments in Doctor Who annoy me because sometimes people act in a way that they totally would never do in reality.
Rarewarefan

I hate it how in Charlie Brown that Linus wont face the music that there is no great pumpkin(Dont say Jack Skellington people).

I like Kingdom Hearts. But I hate how the new game is being made for the Xbone instead of being released along with the Wii U.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I hate the crappy floaty feel in the Borderlands games along with the lousy boss fights,

I hate that bethesda won’t just face the music and switch to 3rd person combat(in TES, 1st person is fine in the Fallout games) along with a normal XP system,

I hate the lame enemy arrangement in Dead Island,

I hate that BioWare is looking at Skyrim instead of Dragon’s Dogma, For ideas for Dragon Age inquisition.

I hate how big the steaks are in Mass Effect, And the annoying unlock system in Multiplayer,

I hate the one save limit and the crappy romance system in Dragon’s Dogma,

I hate that(But understand why) Bayonetta 2 wont be on X Box,

I hate the aging system in Fable,

I hate that Aurora isn’t more central in Fable 3.

I hate that we aren’t getting any Mass Effect spinoff games,

I hate that Bullet Witch took out the Japanese voice track,

I hate that Demon Stone isn’t considered canon to The forgotten realms,

I hate that the Koei Warriors games don’t spend some more time on Create a Warrior,
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I like Supernatural, but I hate how Sam and Dean never learn their lesson about fucking talking to each other! They always have some sort of secret they’re keeping from the other, which would probably go alot smoother if they just fricken talked to each other about it!
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@Thanotos Omega

My main issue with December is the nonstop X-mas music spamming on the radio. Just because 14 different artists all recorded their own marginally different versions of “Jingle Bells” or “Silent Night” doesn’t mean you have to play all of them in one day. Yeesh. The DJs at the local radio station can count themselves lucky I don’t have access to grenades, because they deserve a half dozen stuffed down each of their throats this time of year.

I can count on one hand the number of Christmas songs that don’t make me want to strangle the person who’s playing them for the fortieth time that week. Comfort and joy, my ass.
poiuj1
Artist -

Sibling who is an asshole, who is your best friend, who is an asshole to everyone but you (most of the time), who is an asshole, and the only person that really gets you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide