Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Blackie
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@And Brother I Hurt People

I lost a bet.

Had to masturbate to Boku No Pico.

Took me the whole three episodes and a new ribcage from all the laughing fits.

The third one was a bit creepy though.

Also Tiarawhy is one of the worst and most overrated artists I’ve seen.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@ender1200  
In that case, the power fantasy is much less about who the person is and more the human desire for people to get what they have coming to them.

Power fantasies don’t always have to involve treating the opposite (possibly the same?) gender as subservient, but they very often do since that’s easily relatable. Apparently a lot of people would want a bunch of objectified partners that they’re the hero of.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
I would like to go to one of these pony cons. Partly out of a sense of fun and camaraderie, but also out of a sick desire to subject others to my presence
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt

VIVA LA NOCTE
@gasmaskangel  
But they’re just plain sugar… :O

@SeraphimDawn  
lol it was probably mildly alcoholic by then XD  
Some sugars’ll do that you know. Me, I am gonna be hella cheap this halloween!  
full

@Itsthinking  
So always write Pinkie Pie?

@Itsthinking  
I am now suddenly imagining Millenia written entirely the same way, but as huge and buff as  
full  
Roan, I feel so sorry for you! Marshmallow hell from a dude!

@Blackie

You make some weird bets mah boi.

@Itsthinking  
Everyone needs their own Hokuto no Ken. We need a girlified wasteland-travelling female wh-….Oh, wait, we just need FoE minus ponies + punching. Yes, the keys to success!

@And Brother I Hurt People  
yeah, I always thought Tokyo Tribe 2 was much better for that. GOOSH GOOSH!
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Itsthinking  
I disagree. Because my issuea with many contemporary female characters is that they are 1) supercilious badass action girls and 2) designed to be purely waifu bait rather than actually being challenging and forming a genuine emotional connection with the player.

None of which would be contradicted (in fact they could benefit from) thinking “what would a woman do.”
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Supercilious badass action girls is what people apparently want. It reeks of trying too hard to prove that “women are just as badass as men” thing.

Why the hell would I think any differently? Instead of writing a character who essentially is special because “OMG SHE’S A GIRL AND KICKING ASS,” write about “OMG, THIS CHARACTER CAN KICK ASS.”

I know people talk about superheroes brooding too much now, but how often do female superheroes brood? You don’t have to make your female character devoid of emotion because you’re afraid people will call her a stereotype.

You want female characters to be treated like any other? Stop mentioning it. Imagine if every time you mentioned “and she’s a GIRL!” you replaced it with “guy” and see how much it really adds to who they are. Like others have said, almost no one ends up checking all of the boxes in what is “normal” for their gender anyway.
someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Itsthinking  
Supercilious badass action girls is what people apparently want. It reeks of trying too hard to prove that “women are just as badass as men” thing.

Isn’t that the entire reason Rainbow Dash was created?

Edit: BTW I agree with your post above.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
Evil (the modern mass misconception of evil mind you) is better than Good (the modern conception of good).

True evil is pathetic, deleterious and corrosive, it wants you to be pathetic like it and feel bad for it.  
The modern conception of evil is something that is great and powerful (albeit Machiavellian) and more admirable than intimidating.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Whatevs  
And I should mention: Tali is somewhat exempt from this because she could be a bitch. And I like her more for it, gave her teeth without detracting from the rest of her.  
And her design is not traditional, naturally, so it was personality based. She was still youthful and sweet but not generically so.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
After playing some of FAllout New Vegas I realized that the karma system is lame.  
The point of karma should be to encourage roleplaying and maintaining a consistent morality with the appropriate consequences which in turn will give your decisions weight (I dont mean conversational paragon/renegade actions, I mean choosing to steal ammo from unsupervised boxes).  
Because there currently is no reason to care about karma in that game.
Trickquestion

@Whatevs  
I’ve only liked morality systems in tabletop D&D, because it used good and evil as literal metaphysical forces. To be fair to New Vegas, there’s only like, one or two Karma checks in the entire game? Much better then 3, where everyone could look at your character sheet, and everyone whose evil got along like a big happy family.
FlutterLove
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Trickquestion  
you might like the main SMT games, morality is more or less a concept, shoot the ‘law’ side is more often than not genocidal and the ‘chaos’ side is usually just strength makes right.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
After playing some of FAllout New Vegas I realized that the karma system is lame.
The point of karma should be to encourage roleplaying and maintaining a consistent morality with the appropriate consequences which in turn will give your decisions weight (I dont mean conversational paragon/renegade actions, I mean choosing to steal ammo from unsupervised boxes).
Because there currently is no reason to care about karma in that game.

This is why, for the longest time I was leery towards RPGs in general. If they’re going to have a karma system, then they better make sure that it makes both logical and ontological sense.

For example: How is keeping the Collector base in ME2 a renegade option? You’d think that keeping it would be the right thing to do, but no, the game considers keeping a major source of enemy intelligence a “bad” thing :/
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Ebalosus  
How is destroying knowledge, regardless of who created it, a “good” thing to do?

I’ve never even played the game, but unless this is just some really poor attempt at making a political statement (oh god with Bioware’s writers? Please no) or just really bad writing.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Ebalosus  
@Itsthinking  
It’s a moralistic stance. Using knowledge gained through death and suffering. The idea is the whole “narrow path of morality and slippery slope to perdition” thing

I agree though that it’s dumb.

But I’m referring to an open world rpg like Fallout without scripted binary choices. Scripted choices can help a story but without a consistent story one can take more liberties with things.  
I just think it’s a joke how I can run around a military base, steal ammo and nobody connects the dots.  
There is a skyrim mod called Belua Sanguinare. It’s a vampire mod and one of the features is that people will catch on to a vampire presence in their town if you feed enough, and consequently request the presence of vampire hunters.  
Something like that to make the world feel alive.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Knowledge is knowledge. If you’re opposed to how they would have used it, either use it to make the exact opposite situation or change it around to benefit you.

It would be like if instead of taking Nazi scientists for their own purposes, they just killed them.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
I think that Farm Aid is the most egregious “charity” to ever bear that term. Why do farmers whom already get money from the government deserve even more hand outs?

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if there were no subsidies, but as it stands, I’m siding with Bob Geldof on this one.
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

VIVA LA NOCTE
@Whatevs  
@Whatevs  
Actually, I always hated that type of ‘karma’ mechanic. Ultima had it right. If no one can see you nicking off with the loot, why the fuck is your karma taking a hit? The only time you were penalised that way was in Quest of the Avatar, and it made sense in-story for you to be getting hit like that since a nigh-omnipotent wizard was overseeing your quest. It should be more like they notice a thing is missing, contact the local authority to investigate, nothing turns up in a couple days then they give up. Then when you find out someone has a ‘habit’ of sorts (either magpie-esque kleptomania or using Fallout as an example, Leo Stahl’s addiction) you can steal all the worthwhile goods in town slowly, and then finger that poor sod to take the heat. One nice thing about the Game of Thrones game was that they divided it into an ‘honesty/cunning’ slider with TWO bars instead of plain old ‘good’ and ‘evil’ karma. It is entirely possible to empty out an entire city and still be considered ‘honest’ because nobody ever caught/suspects you were the one picking up every little knickknack and selling it back to the owners, then pickpocketing their entire inventory to resell to them the next day.  
Plus having good/evil means your so-called ‘choices’ in a story become retardedly black and white, and half the time the ‘good’ choice reflects the old D&D adage of ‘good = lawful stupid.’ Fer instance in GoT the only way you raise one while lowering the other, is acting like a Stark (Lawful stupid) or a Frey (chaotic idiot). Now if only GoT’s gameplay lived up to the actual diplomatic/rampaging adventurer parts. Dear fuck I have never seen such an unwieldy mess since Rune: Viking Warlord. The game looks like it should play like The Witcher but controls like Resident Evil or Eragon >_<
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Niggoslav_Krawczyk

+1, because for the most part dichotomous karma systems in videogames give me the shits.

Like you said: If no one saw me do anything good/bad, then my karma metre should not change
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk

VIVA LA NOCTE
@Ebalosus  
heh, Really FO3 is one of the most infuriating examples, especially since they sometimes have free-to-pick-up shit buried in a mess of Reds, and everything gives uniformly bad karma. ‘stealing’ a red fork from a pile of forks and plates when you’re trying to nick the bobby pin buried in the rubble drops your karma as much as waiting for a shopkeeper to go to sleep and stealing his assault rifle. WTF even. Doctor’s offices are pretty bad as well, with half and half green/red items, and being really easy to miss the green one. Even more insane, you can pick up and move red items without ‘taking’ them, and walk right the fuck out, and wander all over the damn place with the ‘stolen’ item. But as soon as you push the button to add to your inventory, or try to use it if it’s a weapon then everyone finally figures out it was ‘stolen.’ But that three in-game hours you spent wandering around with it and poking people in the face with it? Apparently acceptable. On that note, ever notice in these games that somehow everyone in the world knows who is responsible for wiping out towns with no survivors, even if there were no survivors/witnesses to tell of it? Not just when you do it but if there’s a bad guy to kill as part of a quest, somehow everyone knows x raider/viking/undead warlord is responsible. Think that’s also kinda BS.  
Also hate that it’s never incremental. Like, in FO3 you should be able to nab a couple slaves with no karma hit because you’re still unknown and Grouse is taking the credit. And if you space it out long enough you never get ‘known’ at all. Also why the fuck is there a karma hit on enslaving murderous assholes, like those hostile wastelanders near that bobblehead? Or that guy with the Reservist rifle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide