Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It’s tricky.
Technically speaking, it depends on a few factors.
Art is derivative by its nature, with styles, techniques, and mediums being used and reused by different artists within their form. Style is also not inherently protected, at least not to the same degree as specific peices.
I.e., if someone copies a peice of your work, either wholesale or by trace, that would be art theft.
If someone draws an orginal peice in a style that is similar to yours, it gets murkier. Copyright protections do not extend to “style” or format.
So, where AI sits is, weird.
Technically speaking, if an AI scans someone’s artstyle, and makes an “orginal peice” in that style, it’s not theft per se.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Meanlucario
I only know about the diffusion model but it’s the most popular one so
The way it works is that it learns by applying Gaussian noise to an image it is fed and learning how to denoise it
And, here’s the important part, it produces images by taking random seeds full of Gaussian noise and denoising using the methods it learned from the image it was fed
While you could make the argument it’s theft, it’s super fucking sketchy
There’s a new method called consistency which can produce AI images much faster than the diffusion method
I don’t fully understand it but it works similar to diffusion, just that diffusion can take a hundred denoising steps, consistency takes at most two
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are both way better albums than Pink Floyd fans give them credit for. And both are a ton better than The Final Cut.
Background Pony #967B
Why do people hate Florida so much?! It has beautiful beaches! And it is filled with Art Deco buildings and Spanish forts!
You know what really sucks? New Jeresy its cold and miserable out there!
How can you hate a place like Florida? (Okay Ive never been there but it sounds like paradise to me)
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #967B
It’s a poverty trap, really cheap to live here with no opportunities to get out.
Tourist trap, most of our survival depends on tourism and the lottery, and the tourist attractions are hotspots for IllIcIt ManuFacTuring & PrOperTy CrIme
Strong presense of uneducated right wing folk armed to the t (or teeth?) with semi automatic weapons.
Racism is still on the menu. So is homophobia.
Summer temperature pass blood temperature often. This means the body physically cannot vent heat, and you’re at risk of injury and death.
our homeless population is still leading under California and Newyork in the entire nation.
The drugs are immense. So many drugs. Like Simon belmont, go into anyones house and whip the wall, and diverted painpills, used fentanyle needles and crystalized methamphetamine come out of the wall.
We’re bombarded with hurricanes that keep getting more powerful from global warming, while being directly at sea level. In my area a storm surge would go over the tops of these trailers, which means it’s a damn good thing these houses have wheels.
Huge income disparage. We don’t look as poor as we are, because it’s a popular place for rich people to set up shop. They stick in high end communities, have lots of security cameras and guns.

All and all I like it. This is my domain. The longer my feet are on Florida soil, the stronger I become. I love the insanely cheap living prices, i grew up learning how to avoid all the crime and law low.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I actually dont think Rocky IV is as patriotic as people make it out to be.
I guess there is a subtle America is authentic and Soviet Union is over technological.
But I’ve always felt like Rocky himself in the movie could not care less about the Cold War or whatever. He just wants to avenge his dead comrade.
Even Drago honestly is not interested in fighting for the Soviets. He just wants to win for his own glory. And Rocky at the end of the movie just says a speech that can apply to all people regardless of country.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Racism is based less on skin color than preconcieved notions of behavior gained from secondhand or personal account. And there’s far worse things one can commit than low expectations.
@Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Not so banned that you can’t actually read them.
Background Pony #0ABE
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Most of the time, it’s the younger generations who take the whole thing at face value because their ancestors couldn’t admit there was often an ulterior reason to cover things up.
Probably the ancestor merely needed an excuse to not accept an economic endeavour, and as such the descendent being an idiot with no brain merely follows the easy path.
Background Pony #967B
Twitter is both the best and worst place to be. Never in between. Its extremely fun perhaps more than other sites but it can make people emotional really emotional and sometimes fights happen.
I dont whether to get off twitter because its exhausting or to stay because its so fun
Background Pony #967B
@Beth
I guess it’s like a tomb. Pretty on the outside but once you go inside it’s all gross and yucky.
I’m surprised by the right wing presence in Florida. I thought the midwesterners who moved in would drown the southern radicalism out of the state.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I said this in the Stupid Stuff thread, though it might be more fitting here: I’m not a fan of Lilith. I’m not fond of her being added for old creepy dudes to justify their sexism.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide