Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #0145
Due to the controversy, I prefer to stay away from Korra. I think I’m fine enough with just ATLA.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@TheHappySpaceman
Here’s the thing about Korra. It’s actually okay of a show that’s worth a watch. Season 2 is like watching a circus.

I think Season 2 gets far too bad a rap. Some of it was really cool! Seeing Iroh and Zhao again, Varrick and Zhu Li, the political stuff in Republic city… if you just superimposed someone actually interesting and cool over Unalaq (goddamn, even his name’s an unpalatable mess) and decided to just make up the final episode in your head, it would actually be a decent watch.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
nah.
bad season bad.

Shush, I’m trying desperately to convince myself otherwise.

…flying fucking Jinora Jesus, Mary Sueing like a boss!  
full

Ok, yeah, Season 2 was kinda terrible. But I made it through! More than I can say for some shows!
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Philweasel
nah.
bad season bad.
Shush, I’m trying desperately to convince myself otherwise.
…flying fucking Jinora Jesus, Mary Sueing like a boss!
full
Ok, yeah, Season 2 was kinda terrible. But I made it through! More than I can say for some shows!
It really is a bad season. The worst Season of all of Avatar.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I remember back when people were talking about how slice of life was going to confirm lyrabon saying because Korra did it ponies can.  
I actually made me think the total office it because it was aimed at older audiences and all we got was a last minute off screen kiss.  
Which does make it slightly funny when MLP had an onscreen gay proposal even if it was pretty much last night anyway.I think a problem with gay characters in media with children’s is that a try being too subtle kind of muting it a bit
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@igotnopicks  
I was wondering if I should put it in spoiler tags. But…

…screw it. Jinora is awesome and shiny and perfect, and saves the universe by floating and glowing while Unalaq does a crappy Godzilla impression and loses what little charisma he had, and Korra loses pretty damn decisively against the big bad, because she apparently just sucks ass.

There. The final episode is spoiled for everyone. Now you don’t have to watch it!
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@igotnopicks  
I think I captured that in ‘Unalaq does a crappy Godzilla impression’.

Why doesn’t he talk? Why does he look so stupid? Why am I wasting my life still getting angry about this, and not talking about happy things like Glitch Tech’s animation or Catra’s character arc?

…maybe because I want to like Korra, and I do like Jinora, and that episode crapped on both of them. And I really took that personally. Goddamn it.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I’m like halfway through the last season of Avatar.

I was wondering if they’d ever address the whole “the human body is mostly water” thing that’d make waterbenders OP but then they hit me with bloodbending.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide