Cartoon/Western Animation General

pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but as someone who has always been disinterested in Adventure Time, there’s a couple scenes with a certain princess that almost makes me consider watching it.
Background Pony #E6F3
Some re-release news: Warner Bros. will start releasing Teen Titans (the 2003 version) on Blu-Ray next year, starting with Season 1 in January.
Background Pony #E6F3
There’s a lot of old 90’s cartoons that could use a decent rerelease on DVD.

Even though they mainly focus on old and obscure anime, I wish Discotek Media would also put out more western cartoons as well (they put out a DVD release of Cybersix, as well as the Mega Man and Street Fighter cartoons).
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #9100  
Looking forward to it! And yeah, I agree. Gargoyles has an official DVD release for two of its three seasons (though the last season wasn’t so good) and I wish more shows would do that with DVD or Blu-ray. Especially if they include special features like commentaries.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

It’s so lame that none of the Disney Afternoon shows except Tale Spin have full DVD releases. Duck Tales never had its final season released, and neither did Darkwing Duck.
Background Pony #E6F3
@Jarkes  
Disney has a ton of shows in their possession that they’ve done absolutely nothing with, like The Tick and the 90’s Spider-Man cartoon. I do hope that their streaming service means that those shows will get to see at least some sort of release, but I’m not holding my breath.
Background Pony #8437
I’m really hoping the Teen Titans Go movie bombs next year just so they can dial things back and start showing some other stuff. Or at least not do a marathon every two weeks.

@Jarkes  
I’m so ticked Disney just pretends they don’t exist. I thought the Disney Movie Club releases would allow them to finally finish them, but they haven’t done anything with that but use it to release their live action movies on blu ray for the last few years. I think our only hope now is if they work with another company to release it, like Shout Factory. Since they’ve worked with other studios for releases like MGM, Universal, New Line, and Paramount, they’d be the best bet.

@Background Pony #9100  
The complete 90’s Spider-Man show is on Hulu, and since they own Fox and thus a percentage of Hulu, it’ll probably be on there for the foreseeable future. I just binged through it this past summer myself.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Random question, but what in your opinion was the best era for cartoons?

For me, it’s gotta be the mid-‘90s. This was the era where we got amazing stuff like Gargoyles and Batman: The Animated Series, darker shows that dealt with deeper topics, weren’t afraid to introduce characters and show them dying, and sort of bridged the gap between adult shows and kids’ shows.
fobone

@TheHappySpaceman  
Late 90s-mid 2000s

Nostalgia aside, I feel it really had the best mix of everything and really wanted to push the boundaries for what their shows could do, something that series today have taken to heart.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide