Computers general(help, advice, talk)

NormNavPon3
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Would anyone happen to know a keyboard shortcut for highlighting multiple files in Windows (XP) Explorer? My mouse is old and borked, so it registers holding left-click as multiple rapid clicks, which means I can’t just click and drag to highlight multiple files anymore. All I wanna do is move a chunk of the contents of one image folder to another folder, and doing it one file at a time would likely take more than an hour.
Chaotic Mind
"I solemnly swear I am truly insane." - Derpi Supporter
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages (Random Useless Facts Thread)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Crazy Pone
@NormNavPon3  
Use the arrow keys to make the selection box pop up on a file. From there hold shift and move across the files you want selected. You will have to go top to bottom, left to right in the selection process. This trick still works even in Windows 10. I just tested and can confirm it still works.
Some Pacifier Pone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Caption the Picture Above You
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <PacificGlow> DEEWKS NUTZ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

um???? lmao???
My desktop background rotation gets stuck on one desktop background after a certain amount of time.

EDIT: Apparently, it creates an “Unsaved Theme” with just that one background instead of the slideshow after some time. I think it must be caused by unplugging, and doesn’t automatically revert when plugged in. I changed it back.
Some Pacifier Pone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

um???? lmao???
I think everyone using Time Warner Cable has a browser hijacker that sends them to dnsrsearch.com whenever they type an invalid URL in the address bar.
Chaotic Mind
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages (Random Useless Facts Thread)
Silver Bit -
Ruby -

Crazy Pone
@ArcticEight
Probably because i7s tend to be very expensive (starting at around $300 USD).
@Chaotic Mind
If you went for an i5, you could get similar performance and save around $100. But if you’re getting an i7 for productivity or streaming reasons, that’s fine too.

Going for the i7 as I need the clock speeds. I do things where that 5GHz is really nice since the applications use more clock speed than multi-threading. As is now I currently use an i5 6600k clocked to 4.3GHz and the lack of hyper-threading is really hurting me.

Now if I need crazy multi-threaded performance I will get the official Intel workstation many of the devs use. System has a SuperMicro board running an Intel Xeon Phi 7310 Knights Landing CPU. That thing is crazy with 64 cores and 256 threads running at 1.3GHz. Best part is the X86 compatibility meaning I can run my copy of Windows Server 2016 on one if I had to for some Windows only application that would benefit from crazy thread count levels. Something like real time 4k video capture and trans-coding for streaming. I think OBS could give insane quality H.264 coded 4k video that is also very small due to the core and thread count. Could most likely do the capture and encoding real time.

Now I just need $5,000 to get that dev station. I could afford it now no problem but the cost vs gain is not worth it ATM…

EDIT: Want to know more about the Xeon Phi series? Take a look at the whole line here.
Some Pacifier Pone
Artist -

um???? lmao???
Wiimeiser is a cool guy, but he’s having a strange problem where the command prompt keeps opening randomly, and it’s driving him MAD. Anyone got an explanation for dis? :3
Chaotic Mind
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -

Crazy Pone
@Ebalosus  
I run a 7700k and know all too well about this. Thing is running at 4.8 GHz and THAT is on the edge without me doing the delid mod. Hell, I have a 240mm water loop dedicated to the CPU. One would think that is enough to keep it cooled and get 5 GHz but NOPE. Thanks Intel. Even the i5 6600k in my Steam Box build has the same issue. Can’t overclock it at all. LOL
evilpresident
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Honest corruption
This might not be the right place to ask but I’m having a weird problem with my YouTube account.

Basically, whenever I post a comment on a video, only I can see it. If I log out, the comment doesn’t show. One of the people whose video’s I commented on could see the comment but he might’ve been the only one.

So I’m at a loss about how to fix this, I’ve tried all the options I found online so far.
wenni
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pit Lord
@evilpresident  
That sounds like you’re posting on someone’s videos whose comments are only set to display once they’ve been approved. The owner of the YouTube channel must approve your comment to make it public, if this is the case.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide