General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Azur Lane ep 3. Why are they so mean to my girl?!

Anyway, I appreciate that this show with ship-girls skating across the ocean decided they needed a beach episode. I liked that they used that and all the CGDCT to add a sense of normalcy to the world. Showing peaceful and happy moments helps the fighting mean more.

Really liked Belfast directly confronting Enterprise with her issues. It was very blunt but I feel it works because everyone else was too intimidated to talk to Enterprise about it. Hopefully, they’ll stop treading water about her development soon. And hopefully, this also means we’ll get more Horie Yui.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Stars Align ep 2. If your petty rivalry doesn’t trigger a black-and-white sequence, you’re not real friends.

This is still great. Maki is a wonderful menace of a protagonist, with already more nuance to his actions than most leads get. I also appreciate that Mitsue managed to already have a firm characterization with only a few minutes of screentime. The dialogue is snappy, and the character acting remains uncompromisingly great. The detail put into the characters’ form is lovely, and I love that the characters move differently to account different body types and levels of athleticism. (I don’t think it’s rotoscoped, but if if is, they did a damn good job hiding that.)

The show just never stops moving, in a way that feels satisfying and natural. It creates an atmosphere you don’t get a lot in a slice-of-life drama. It’s unrealistic to think this approach is sustainable, but this is an insanely good start.

From a narrative perspective, it’s undeniable that it has high-key problematic elements. But honestly, it totally fits. If the show’s animation is meant to convey a realistic high-school experience, why not get problematic.

Blade of the Immortal ep 3. Kind of a weird ep with a number of off-putting elements.

I dunno if I really wanna keep going with this. I like that it challenge ideas very common in action anime, but the delivery isn’t really there.

Dr. Stone ep 16. Didn’t think it was necessary for the show to revisit the petrification event, but this was a nice ep, and not just for the idol scene.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
Just started watching Dororo [The 2019 version]  
full  
Gotta say, this is a pretty interesting premise.  
Really curious how the dude’s gonna react when he eventually gets his sight and other senses back.  
And really curious what the arc is going to be with the mother. I’m just hoping nothing bad happens to her. ;_;  
Onto the second episode~
DarklordYuri
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DarklordYuri> Your slut? I’m everyone’s slut!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Yuri is best girl
Finished Tamako Market and the sequel movie Tamako Love Story.

It’s not my favourite KyoAni show, but it was still great. It had some pretty good comedy, great characters (especially Kanna), and it was a very sweet and fun anime overall.

Love Story was even better - it wasn’t my favourite anime movie, but it was excellent. While the story was pretty predictable, nearly everything that I liked about Market was even better here. I do wish Kanna got a little more screentime, as she was amazing in this.

My next anime will be GJ Club, and I’ll start Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit when the simuldub starts.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
This maybe an unpopular opinion here, but…

Contrary to what some people say, I don’t think that Toei Animation’s animating is bad. Sure, they ain’t no Studio Ghibli or Studio MadHouse, but there are certainly worse studios out there.
Zeb
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Tag-Bot
@Thanotos Omega  
It’s the same in Japanese. Just checked the subs to be sure.  
He’s just upset that his daughter married and moved to Japan and he hasn’t seen her for years. Not even seeing his own grandson.  
Which, when you think about it, is kinda odd since they’re rich and can go around the world whenever they want. But maybe he was just being stubborn since she moved away.
Zeb
Economist -

Tag-Bot
full  
Just finished episode 5 of Dororo. Dang, being able to hear again really hit him hard. Though that’s understandable. I’ve seen videos of other people who did that too being overwhelmed.

I REALLY hope nothing bad happens to Mio next episode. Or any episode.

And damn it, he JUST got that leg back, and already it’s gone! >=I

Edit: Episode 6.  
Fuck.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

MHA ep 65. Loved Overhaul’s introduction to the League. One of things I like about MHA is how its uses small differences in philosophies to lead into big fights, it isn’t just black-and-white conflicts. Tsuda Kenjirou’s voice really works here to give the young-looking guy an aura of maturity. I also liked the way they showed Overhaul’s power and his team’s organization compared to Shigaraki’s.

Mag getting a last-minute flashback to add emotional weight to the fight was some pretty blatant emotional manipulation, plus it was sort of undercut by the massive blood explosion. But all in all, I enjoyed the scene.

In the UA half, I liked the way they visually diffused tension in various scenes. Kind of childish way to do it, but it was fun. Mic teasing All Might made me laugh. I liked that they made sure to show the other teachers’ perspective. It shows that UA isn’t just one entity, it’s a place where different people work and study together. And I really liked Deku finding his owns reason to be a Hero, not just parroting All Might’s words.

Nighteye’s introduction was weird. I guess it was supposed to be funny but I thought it was just awkward. But Murakawa Rie plays his sidekick, so it’s fine. The show goes on.

full

Beastars ep 2. I’m so glad more furry stories are getting made, the kind of storytelling you can do with anthro designs is fascinating.

Legosi’s VA is real good. He’s kinda new, too, only his second main role.

It’s too early but I have to wonder what direction this is going to go with the criminalization of eating meat. Is it going to say “It’s actually not healthy to suppress these desires, people need a safe way to indulge in them.” or “Being able to rise above these impulses is what makes us human.” or maybe something else entirely.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@dt  
Re: Beastars: I’m honestly wondering about that too in regards to what they’re going for.

I have to hand it to Legosi’s VA, they’re doing a great job with the role, color me surprised that it’s their second main role too.

While it’s typical, I did sort of like how Louis kept up his usual facade while limping about with a sprained ankle.

The interaction between Haru and Legosi was fairly simple, though I did expect the ending scene, so it wasn’t really a surprise to me.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
Yeah, I think it’s quite clear what Louis is supposed to represent, and I like that he feels the pressure to live up to those expectations.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t think they’d take Haru/Legosi that far, let alone that fast. Benefits of being a Netflix series, I guess.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide