General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Welp, my streak of good premieres came to a stop.

Hatena Illusion ep 1. The setup was kind of a mess, but the twist that the boy was actually a boy made me laugh, at least. This had lots of noticeable lip-sync issues? (Maybe it was my video player.) Overall, pretty generic. Not awful but no real narrative or character hooks that got me.

Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu ep 1. I thought I would like a show with a grimier take on idol culture, but no, I did not.

The show seems to be going for a romcom, but it really doesn’t work for me in the context of idolism because of the inherent one-sidedness of the relationship. It just feels sad and unrewarding. Great production values (as expected from the YamaSusu team), but doesn’t feel like there’s much here for me narratively.

Maybe I’ll pick up Show by Rock. It looks nice.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Nekopara ep 1. I didn’t expect there to be catgirls and regular human girls, and I thought it was rather strange that the show insists that the catgirls are… cats. Even ignoring the implications that come with them being actual pets, the disconnect between the girls’ appearance and actions just kinda felt weirdly uncomfortable, and wasn’t particularly cute or anything. Also there were two separate jokes about girls pissing themselves. Yeah.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
I hate how girls are kemono and guys are full furry in it. If not for annoying sexual dimorphism I would give it chance
@WyrmSpawN
Looks like its common take from people who see it without context

Yeah, I was annoyed about that too.

IIRC, Hataage Kemonomichi (that isekai about a pro wrestler wrangling dangerous beasts and wanting to open an animal sanctuary) had both male and female full-furry and kemono, so it CAN be done…
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Koisuru Asteroid ep 2. Brought to you by Vixen Optics(r).

A bit of a step back in terms of production compared to its excellent premiere, but it’s still perfectly enjoyable. I really enjoy the way the lead pair motivate each other, and the club’s nerdy talk feels very natural and believable.

full

Railgun T ep 1. Rather disappointing. (The compositing on that shot …)

I shouldn’t be too harsh on this, since this was a recap ep, but this wasn’t a spectacular start like I was hoping, and I don’t really feel any nostalgia for this series.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
Since when I’m manga expert? I didn’t read Railgun manga yet, don’t know what chapters they adapt but I assume they will avoid making new stories for anime if there is alot of material now
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
After checking wiki it appear new Railgun anime will cover Daihasei Festival Arc (up to vol 10 of manga), probably it fill entire season
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The Toaru franchise is a crazy blend of light novel, manga, anime, radio show, and more all giving original stories that are all canon to each other.

Only Kingdom Hearts has a more absurd variety of mediums required to understand the story. And even then only just barely.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide