Religion general

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Anyway, I don’t wanna debate anything, (and I’m unsubscribing after this comment) but after glancing at this thread, I just wanted to pop in and say I’m a christian.  
I’m not a fanatical one, I don’t consider myself better then others, (if anything I probably have low self-esteem. lol) I’m not an expert theologian, and I don’t go to church constantly, and such.  
I don’t hurt people, I don’t hurt gays, I’ve drawn risqué stuff >>461518 before, I like anime, I like geeky stuff like Nintendo games, including some violent/dark games. I like edgy, “toilet humor” sometimes, I like some crude movies/shows. For that matter I like science, and I like “dark” stuff like paranormal/cryptozoology, creepypastas, Harry Potter, Halloween, and such.  
I’m like the complete opposite of what you all think all christians are.

Seriously, most of us aren’t like what you guys think, or see online, and most of the christians, Jews, catholics, Volcano-worshipper, (j/k) ect. I’ve known are pretty normal, and some are your fellow bronies/pegasisters/MLP-fans. (And if you ask me, I’ve seen A-holes in every faith, or even of no-faith. I’ve had people online attacking me, or trying to “convert” me to atheism before, even when I’m not discussing my faith.)

So while it’s ok to criticise faith/religion, when you all do, don’t forget we’re human too, that some of us aren’t all bad, and we’re not some “disease.” That attitude is like saying all bronies are bad, just because a few are.  
And that’s honestly all I want to say on the subject.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Gallusposting since 2019
@Beau Skunky

Sorry about that. I think I am like you, in the sense that I am not very devout and I like dirty things too.

It’s the a-holes and extremists that seem to be the “faces” of various religions to me, since they tend to be the loudest people in their groups. The same for atheism (especially online anti-theists) ), although my fear of God’s threats to unbelievers make me sometimes become like the anti-theists. These people become the inspiration for the dystopias of my own fictional works.

(You can DM me if you want)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
It’s cool, and I agree, as I said there are bad people regardless what they believe, or don’t for that matter.  
I’ve taken heat from religious-fanatic, and atheist-fanatic alike.

I wasn’t trying to make a huge statement, debate anything, nor have a persecution complex, or anything. All I wanted to do after seeing pages, and pages of this thread bashing/complaining about christians, and such, just made me wanna remind others that we’re people too, and not just a bunch of “crazy cultists,” or something, and that we like geeky stuff too. :)  
No harm meant.
Background Pony #7EFC
What kinds of religion are there whose existence of my soul DOESN’T depend on having at least one person remember me after death, lest it get erased from existence?
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
What would you say if you’re struggling, and one of your friends say, “Sometimes, you just have to believe in God in the toughest of times.”?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Flutter_Lover  
I’d honestly get pissed. Like, believing in God is a personal matter but it does not put food on my plate. If all I do is pray, I’d be wasting my time because guess what? God does not reward beggars.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Gallusposting since 2019
@Flutter_Lover

Honestly, I would scold my friend and complain that God intentionally made times worse to force me to worship and obey Him! How much more would I lose if I continued to serve Him, since I did not get what I want?!
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
Religion is fine until it runs counter to scientific evidence and research.

A sampling of things I have heard.

“God made birthing painful to punish Eve”

The actual reason: Painful births are an artifact of our evolution into bipedal creatures. The hips of a biped flare inwards and upwards, where quads flare outwards. This means the opening is much more narrow than, say, on a horse or dog. Human babies are also proportional larger compared to their mothers than the babies of some other animals.

“The earth is 4000 years old”

The actual answer: The earth is far older than that. Hell, there are civilizations older than that.

“Inland lakes are the result of the great flood”.

Actual answer: Most inland lakes are the result of ground water swells and glacial melt waters from the numerous ice ages. We can even trace sediments from the receding glaciers.
Flutter_Lover

#WaifuLivesMatter
I’m glad I’m no longer a Christian at this time…..believing in god that he will “change stuff around” when he had all the time to do so and yet add more lives to the death toll was a complete mistake that I wouldn’t even wish on my worst enemy.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

THOSE WHO DIE, HEAVY IN SIN, WILL BE PULLED TO OBLIVION BY EARTH'S GRAVITY. EVOLUTION SYMBOLIZES A SUPREME BEING, THOSE WHO ARE NOT OF GOD ARE OF SATAN.

THESE ARE THE END OF DAYS, WE MUST BE STRONG TO ESCAPE THIS WORLD IN DEATH.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide