Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
(Nice to see you back.) It wasn’t as bad as some say, just a bit tedious. I liked Sonic 3’s Hydrocity Zone better, that was a much more fun water level.

@Background Pony #7C01  
It does make one wonder how different the series would be if Sonic could swim.

There’s actually one old Sonic SatA.M. cartoon episode that mistakenly shows Sonic swimming. The Sonic Underground & Sonic X shows afterwards though regarded Sonic’s inability to swim, both even giving Sonic hydrophobia.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Beau Skunky  
I think Sonic 2 did water stages best in classic imo. Cause Aquatic Ruin you could avoid most water if you played a little more carefully, and Chemical Plant was pretty minor with water, etc.

Just feel like Sonic 2 made water less annoying than 1 while 3 kinda backpedaled.
Background Pony #4547
@Beau Skunky

Have you ever played or at least seen Freedom Planet, AKA the best “Sonic Game” of the last 10 years other than Sonic Mania that isn’t a Sonic game? There. That game pretty much shows how the series would have been if Sonic could swim (the protagonist is half water dragon thought, so water is her thing, nothing surprising there).
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #7C01  
I love Freedom Planet, but I kinda wish people would stop comparing it to Sonic, or saying it’s what a “modern Sonic game should be,” especially sense it ironically has many things Classic Sonic fans/critics hate. (Like full voice acting, alot of characters, some slow boss battles, a character riding a motorcycle, being able to stand at a diagonal stance/platform without falling like in Sonic 4, and such.)

But yeah, the swimming wasn’t bad in it, and you might be right.

@LightningBolt  
Aqua Ruin was kinda fun, I admit, though some bubble air places were spaced too far apart. I prefer to usually take the land route in that level.  
It is kinda cool, it’s both a land & underwater level depending on where you fall, or end up. Multiple routes have always been a nice feature in Sonic games.

I dunno, 3’s Hydrocity Zone was quite fun, and varried with it’s currents, spinny platforms, and slide tubes which were fun. The Carnval stage’s brief underwater moment, and the final stages underwater parts weren’t very interesting though.
Background Pony #4547
@LightningBolt

I never said that. I like them equally. I just said that water sections are far better in that game since you can swim freely. That’s It.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Mikey  
I didn’t like it and I still don’t and I hated how it was also in Mania.

Just something about that stage is unfun and dull to look at.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mikey  
The only thing I didn’t like was the boss was a li’l tiny bit tedious. I thought it was cool that Sonic Mania reversed the roles for one boss fight.

@LightningBolt  
Same here, but Freedom Planet is still a good game in it’s own right.

@Badheart  
Hi, Boobs the Bat.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Knuckles couldn’t really swim though, just glide.

@Badheart  
Nor the new better Sega Genesis Mini.

StH3 unfortunately is rumored to be having legal issues with it’s soundtrack, as the Michael Jackson estate sort’ve has some rights to it, because MJ composer Bobby Buxor worked on some songs for StH3.

So we might have to wait awhile for StH3 to get an official rerelease.

@Broken Adam  
Don’t body shame! :P  
Fat chicks can be beautiful too,

@Mikey  
Yeah, I liked Hydrocity Zone too, it’s the only fast water stage in the original trilogy, and I like it’s BGM.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Even in that it was just the same as his air gliding, just with a swimming animation added instead.

I feel Sonic Advance 1 is kinda underrated. It’s just as good as the original trilogy.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Broken Adam  
Still odd that game never got an official release. Besides on the now dead “Game Tap” service.  
It almost got included in 2005’s “Sonic Gems Collection,” but they had trouble emulating the Sega 32-X+Genesis technology so it was left out. The unlockable art page is still included though.

@Background Pony #7C01  
@LightningBolt  
In Advance? Oh yeah, that was kinda handy. Though, he could swim upwards once he dives unfortunately.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide