Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
Also, it’s hilarious as hell because Trump is running the country exactly like one of his failed businesses. That’s not how you run a presidency.
Chef Unionista ZGU

Professional
The greater issue, in a very obvious way:

Right-Wing side of a debate: “Haha, look at those dumbasses on the other side.”

Left-Wing side of a debate:  
“Haha, look at those dumbasses on the other side.”

I still don’t understand why people split each other into “left” or “right”, even though the political landscape is so complex.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
(Continuing a thread from elsewhere)  
(I thought here was appropriate because seems political-ish to me - cultural values and such fall roughly into that category? But making its own thread seemed excessive.)  
@Background Pony #392C  
@Cirrus Light
Yep, the modern world hinges on sexual commitment. Without it but with every other circumstance the same we would have died out already. </sarcasm>
Humans are able to build and maintain civilization because we show restraint - we’re willing to delay gratification, and not act on our impulses. Not showing any restraint probably undermines that ability.

And willing commitment creates meaning. Remove it from your life at your own peril.

But I think it no coincidence that after society made these promiscuous cultural shifts, you see higher levels of depression and cultural decay.

Live as a pagan, and don’t be surprised when you struggle to not decline to their level of prosperity.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Sciencepone of Science!
@Zincy  
To be honest, I know little more about them than that they tended to have some pretty wild rituals.

The point is general, though, not specific. If people can delay gratification - ie show restraint - studies have shown it’s a strong indicator of success later in life.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Cirrus Light

If you know so little of us then do not speak ill of us.

If I recall, from your faith, I could derive a whole host of misconceptions and misattributions. And I will do so gleefully if need be.

Try and show some respect, or be prepared to be treated with little of it.
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@Zincy  
Fair enough, but I find it odd to place such importance on that aspect of ancestry. I’m talking about an ancient cultural tradition.

I may be descended from Danes, but I’m hardly offended if people speak ill of them.

@Background Pony #7831  
Yeah he does. Campaign promises. Someone who actually cares a lot about the premise people elected him for.

But the companies that fund politicians want the sub-minimum-wage labor that illegal immigrants offer, so no career politician will be serious about protecting the border.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Dustcan

You know the worst part is, Trump was looking like he was going to sign the budget and prevent the shutdown. He knew he shot himself in the foot with that meeting and was going to quietly eat crow to save face.

Then Fox News happened. He got goaded by right wing talking heads accusing him of being weak if he didn’t stand his ground and shutdown the government, so he refused to play ball.
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@Mikey  
Well, I can see what kind of echo chamber this is (ie, I don’t see anyone saying anything but negative remarks about him), so I think i’ll just state that i’m going to be out for a bit while i’m out for a family dinner.

Don’t expect me to reply real-time. Nevermind to 4 different people.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

Just putting this out there, the money used for obtaining the raw resources for said wall, paying the workers, and maintaining said wall would better be used for shit like improving the border patrol
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
@Cirrus Light  
Dude, it’s the truth, he doesn’t care about the working class at all.  
He’s just like every other politician today. I’m not saying that because he offends me, I’m not even liberal. If I was conservative I still wouldn’t like him.  
You talk about echo chambers yet Trump has tried to surround himself with one, firing people he didn’t like and now that he’s losing his own echo chamber, he’s losing his mind.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Mikey
I don’t see anyone saying anything but negative remarks about him

That’s because he’s a shitty manchild President. You want someone to praise Trump then go to Fox News. I’m sure they’ll make something up for you.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Cirrus Light

Are you intentionally playing dense?

Because I know you’re supposedly intelligent, but you’re acting about as worldly as a flat-earth globe.

Modern Pagans do more than just obsess over our bloodlines, and often come from a diverse background. You don’t have to be descended from the Celts to be a Pagan, just as you can be a western Buddhist, or a Chinese christian.

Also, anyone who worships a couple thousand year old Jewish guy with long hair has no right to mock “ancient traditions”.

This is why I said what I said earlier. You have such a flippant and self-absorbed attitude. If you want to wear your colon as a hat, be my guest, but you’re not the top shit you think you are lad. You’re in the dredges with the rest of us. You ain’t shitin’ gold and coughing up diamonds.

You’re giving us scientists a bad name. Or, more specifically, you’re reviving an old one. Some of us have tried to pull the ivory tower out of our collective asses. Please, stop shoving one up yours.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide