Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
He still has the Latino vote, so he can’t be that white supremacist. Besides, white supremacy has caused more trouble in my country than America, so why would he need to specifically condemn white supremacy? Didn’t he already do that after Charlottesville?

Charlottesville was when the “Very Fine People on both sides” line originated.

He did not condemn the neo-nazis there.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Vivace

Yes, he did. Literally, in the next sentence. He said ‘I’m not talking about the white supremacist or neo nazis, cause they should be condemned.’’

I’m starting to wonder if there is some kind of collective amnesia thing going on since everyone seems to forget the following sentence when talking about this.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Isn’t that that obviously fake and scripted speech? Because I remember him going off on a rant the day after where he refused to condemn it and actively defended them, “both sideing” everything again
Background Pony #83F1
@Vivace  
@Kiryu-Chan  
@Background Pony #11A9  
@Background Pony #7EC3  
Anita Hill Hearings, defending his 1994 crime bill, plagiarizing in law school at Syracuse in ‘98, using his son’s death for political gain, voting to gut welfare, giving Obama a classic racist backhand compliment, voting to overturn Glass-Steagall, Eulogizing one of America’s most famed racists, opposing school integration in the 70s, voting for the Iraq War…

Any of that ringing any bells?
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Ebalosus

He’s spending the entire speech Bothsiding the issue. Fact Check isn’t being biased, they are accurately reported that he technically did hit neo-nazis with his broad brush.

But again, the fact that the closest he can get to saying “nazis are bad” is “nazis are bad but so are not-nazis” is what tips off what a disingenuous condemnation it really is.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Somehow I didn’t really expect anything else. I’m curious to see what the international analyses will look like tomorrow. In any case, this was once again a highlight of (US) democracy. Some call it politics, others call it… Well, it’s still a few weeks before the election.

2020, what a year. Covid, climate change, roits, political repression in Hong Kong and Belarus, another war in the Caucasus and now the US election. If this goes so far, a meteroite from outer space will hit us at the end of the year. I wouldn’t be surprised any more. Karma is a bitch, folks. ;-)
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Dustcan

Trump: Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.

This is him saying nazis aren’t that bad?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Ebalosus

Forgive me if I think condemning literal nazis is the lowest bar you can get, and not feeling particularly complementary to someone who can’t pass it without muddying the target of said condemnation with false and unprovoked equivocations.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Wouldn’t even agree not to contest the results once independently verified no matter the outcome.
Background Pony #7EC3
No, they just won’t vote, as what happened in 2016.
It’s not 2016. They’ve had four years to see the full extent of Trump’s pettiness, incompetence, and outright inability to lead. I think between the choice of four more years of that or giving Biden a shot, they’ll choose the latter.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Isn’t that that obviously fake and scripted speech? Because I remember him going off on a rant the day after where he refused to condemn it and actively defended them, “both sideing” everything again
Well at first he trudged out and condemned violence “on many sides” (you know, like one usually does when one side is made up of Nazis and white supremacists and a guy who drove his car into a group of people, and the other side is counterprotesters who think that Nazis and supremacists are, you know, bad or something) with all the passion of a hostage being forced to read his captor’s demands on camera.

And then a few days later they issued a statement to confirm that, sure, they do actually think all those hate groups are bad.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

Don’t get me wrong, Trump is pretty shitty on the race relations front, with the border wall sabre-rattling, backing the blue over the protesters, and when he was a NYC slumlord that hurt housing opportunities for minorities.

That doesn’t take away the fact that he has indeed condemned white supremacy.

@Background Pony #7EC3

They won’t, because not only is Biden not appealing to them, but Biden’s supporters constantly shit on them, arguably more than Trump supporter do. “He’s not Trump!” isn’t good enough. Offer them policies that they want, like Medicare for all.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Ebalosus

And if it was genuine then he should’ve been able to easily restate the assertion tonight, when he was asked point blank several times if he condemns white supremacy. He instead played ‘the floor is lava’ with the question until he was able to change the subject.
Background Pony #83F1
It’s rather telling that the left-wingers are addressing exactly none of this in their posts.

Nothing like silence so thick that you can cut a slice out of it. Glad tonight’s over.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #83F1

For starters, it’s one long whataboutism, on top of being a non-sequitur to the 4 posts you were replying to.

Second, it’s not wrong? Everyone knows Biden has a shitty record. Everyone has been sharing his shitty record, including many of the things you mentioned (myself in particular). What’s your point?
Background Pony #83F1
Surprised anyone could hear that over Trump handling his diarrhea of the mouth about as well as he handled the COVID-19 response.
You gave a single inch, I gave you eight.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Ebalosus

What do you want me to say? If I were a really bad asshole right now, I’d say that I want both sides to crack each other’s skulls. At the moment, I am simply satisfied with typical German contempt for such a political kindergarten.

Unfortunately, I also know that the right-wing conservatives here in Europe are looking at and trying to imitate all this American nonsense. Therefore, Trump’s school of politics will continue to work for a long time, whether this man is elected or not. Which doesn’t mean I’m supporting Biden right now.

I just want to say that, in my opinion, this evening we have clearly witnessed the end of political courtesy once again. This kind of behaviour is slowly but surely becoming the norm. And I find this very worrying. Even more, as if left-wing and right-wing radicals are fighting in the streets to the point of blood. The mob and militia have always been legitimate means of political influence. Since the days of ancient Rome. But if the politicians begin to lower themselves to such a primitive level, then that is literally the end of any political discourse. ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide