Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Inconceivably based???
Completely. This guy legit had the option of taking the full $100 million in an immediate lump sum after Twitter bought his company, and would be able to both retire and only be taxed once on it.
Instead, he chose to pick the option where he would work at Twitter and be paid that amount over time as a salary, just so it could be taxed more than it would normally. Just because he wants to give back to the welfare programs that keep him alive. He even wanted to pay the most taxes last year but was instead the second.
Meanwhile Musk is over here breaking labor discrimination laws and NDAs just so he can be like:
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan
Missing a key part of the story here.
The issue wasn’t that he was fired, it was because he got fired AND NO ONE TOLD HIM
Dude was locked out of his work account fir like 10 days, HR was unable to help him so he had to publicly ask Elon if he had been fired or not.
THAT’S when Elon started the public humiliation and literally laughed (or laughing Emoji 🤣) him out of his job.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
@CaptainXtra
I was wondering what on Earth is going on in the US. Apparently few Americans got kidnapped by a cartel, some of them were killed. I guess senator Graham took this personally.
Posted Report
Background Pony #59D3
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - This is a space to discuss politics. If you want to do that, please do that. Stop posting vague demands "of the room" and factoids - it just looks like you're fishing for drama.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #1D40
It’s about damned time that he gets off his blistered behind and does something useful for his constituents and the country. If taking it personally is how he finally grows a spine, then good on him.
small
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

the emails are comprised of communications spanning 2019-2021 principally regarding an attempt to pass a trans youth transition treatment ban in south dakota in 2019, spearheaded by republican rep. fred deutsch and sen. lee schoenbeck.
there are extensive discussions between deutsch and notorious anti-gay and anti-trans “experts” associated with known hate groups targeting transgender healthcare in the united states,
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
TERF’s are out in force on Twitter right now, wishing death upon Trans Folks much to my disgust.
Its absurd how these douchebag self proclaimed “feminists” fail to realize that the Neo-Nazis they befriend and ally themselves with would happily brutalize and even murder them when they cease to be of use.
I shared this image like the other day but it’ll do the job again…
Replace “Gay” with “Feminist” and you’ll see exactly what I mean:
A Sheep who helps Wolves hunt down Chickens will still be slaughtered in the end.
Sharing this image too cuz Anti-Trans Folks deserve to be mocked and criticized:
Violet Rose in The Rain

The Tennessee House of Representatives has passed a bill that would allow people to refuse to perform a marriage if they disagree with it.
According to the bill, which passed Monday night, “a person shall not be required to solemnize a marriage if the person has an objection to solemnizing the marriage based on the person’s conscience or religious beliefs.”
The bill, which now moves to the state Senate, is the latest in an onslaught of measures that the Tennessee legislature has passed attacking LGBTQ rights. This bill could also apply to couples where at least one partner is transgender, or to mixed race couples.
No longer any use for Fascist trolls in this thread. They finally got what they want.
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Violet Rose in The Rain
It is 100% already absolutely legal for ministers and clergy to refuse to marry anyone in the United States.
If you came to me asking to be wed, I could refuse to solemnize your marriage based on anything I want. The color of your shoes, the car you drive, and even the color of your skin. 100% legal in every state in the US of A.
In fact, in most states, refusing to marry two people because they aren’t the same religion is Question #1 that clergy are expected to deal with - even before checking to see if the couple are siblings.
This bill does nothing except make it look like the GOP are “getting things done”.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ciaran
It also creates the illusion that this is something that needed to be done, that The Gays® really are coming for your churches as right-wing bloviators are wont to claim. A nice sleight-of-hand to rile up the base.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Human
Ah, wait, it seems it also extends that “right of refusal for religious reasons” to civil employees, which means they are extending religious exemptions to clerks of court and parking attendants.
The bill could allow county clerks to deny marriage licenses to same-sex, interfaith, or interracial couples in Tennessee.
That is a shitty move, if true. But it can’t be constitutional, which makes it just another stupid waste of taxpayer money by the GOP pretending to do what they’d promised on the election trail, but really it’s all smoke and mirrors that will only fuck up a few peoples lives for a few months.
Petty, stupid, waste of everyone’s time and money.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Not a waste of time for Republicans. Methinks they’re banking on it getting taken to SCOTUS. If you’ll recall, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in his opinion overturning Roe v Wade a little bit setting the stage for similar opinions to overturn Obergefell v Hodges anong many others.
This bill could be the GOP teeing up the SCOTUS case needed to overturn it and re-ban same-sex marriage in most of the country.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
Marriage shouldn’t be a government thing, but an agreement between people. Then you could marry whoever you want, without government interfering. If someone doesn’t like that, they are free to think about your marriage as “invalid” in their head, but otherwise they can fuck off. As a bonus, underage marriage is no longer a thing, because minors cannot enter into legally binding agreements.
EDIT: And it would better reflect the nature of marriage, which is people deciding to live with each other. The idea of a priest or a clerk approving the marriage exists only so that they can write it down into a book. But now we have better ways of keeping legal records.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ereiam
I mean the marriage itself. People should still get the benefits of being married in the legal system, just not have it dictating who can get married as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult.
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain

Washington — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell has been hospitalized after tripping at a local hotel on Wednesday evening, a spokesman for the senator said.
The senator from Kentucky, 81, was attending a private dinner in Washington when he tripped. He was admitted to a hospital for treatment, spokesman Doug Andres said.
McConnell’s office didn’t provide additional details on his condition or how long he may be absent from the Senate.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide