The Politics Thread

LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
I came across this video called “How Social Justice Got Trump Elected” by Dr Shaym, a non Trump supporter. this video was really well worded and said. I do agree with a lot of things he says in the video too. Very nice.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
@LeoNero  
They pretty much did get him elected. Someone I was reading made a good fucking point: if it wasn’t for all that gamergate shit Trump wouldn’t have gotten elected.

… Hold on, what happened during that is that drama proved that without a shadow of a doubt no matter how much the mainstream media tries to demonize someone the general populace has so little faith in the mainstream media anymore that no matter what they say it won’t effect popular opinion.

I know this isn’t really the thread for it, but during gamergate literally every major news source was running smear campaigns against video gaming as a whole trying to depict video gamers as a whole as say wife beaters, rapists and such.

I don’t think Trump knows what gamergate is, but I think he realize nobody trusts the media anymore and he capitalizing on it. He can do whatever the fuck he wants and there will still be a significant portion of the population that support him.

With the news we’ve officially reached the point where regardless of whether or not they are telling the truth people don’t believe the news.

TLDR; 24/7 news is the boy who cried wolf too many times.
Background Pony #F510
Oh yeah Attorney General Sally Yates just got fired for not defending the bullshit Muslim Ban
A civil war is coming bois
Except wasn’t she going to be replaced anyway? The article I read seemed to indicate she was being replaced soon regardless of her recent decision and was was no longer going to be head of the department no matter what. Still a shame of course, considering that she was a least willing to do what is right.

@Commune  
Also read Marx and Labour Theory
I prefer Adam Smith. I think he makes a much more interesting read, overall.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Shirani  
You acknowledge that conservatives today hold both the legislative and executive branches of the Federal government in the U. S., and that conservatives have prevented non-conservatives from exercising their right to appoint a justice to the empty seat in the Supreme Court, but you keep asserting that conservatives are victims of liberal authority and have no representation, and no power.

Why you think you and conservatives like you are less empowered and have less representation today - right now - than someone who is a liberal, a Muslim, or a homosexual?

How, exactly, do you see yourself, and conservatives like you, being victimized, denied your rights, and less represented at the federal level than, for example, gay couples, or people stuck in airports because they have a green card and are the wrong religion?

Imagine a friend who is gay, liberal, a Democrat, and a Muslim - and think what it is like for them to come here in this chat room with you. How would you explain to that friend that you should be pitied by them, because you have no representation in our government, and because you are a terrible victim of persecution?

And how would that go if that friend were currently unable to leave an airport because no one at the airport and no one in TSA or in Homeland Security has any idea if it’s ok for them to catch their connecting flight home because no one bothered to figure out the technical details of the President’s latest decree until after it had already broken the infrastructure of how we secure air traffic?

How exactly would you explain to them that they are so much more represented than you are, and that you’re really the victim in this situation?
Background Pony #F510
@Ciaran  
I have to say, I think you may be fighting a lost cause there.

But maybe keep at it any way. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of fights over lost causes down the road. And frankly, I need something to keep my hope up at this point, even if it’s just the idea that a political discussion thread on a MLP fan site can actually change someone’s mind.

Because I really miss having optimism and hope.
Ciaran
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #B2D4  
Agreed. Optimism and hope are good things.

And, maybe if I keep asking questions, there will be some answers.

And, I’m reminded of the words of someone who once said:

@Shirani  
@neutralgrey
vilify a person [or a group of people] enough without any corroborating evidence and people will start to act against the people vilifying said person …

There’s been enough vilifying of liberals, non-Republicans, and virtually anyone who didn’t vote for Trump, that maybe it’s time to follow Shirani’s advice and start looking at the ones doing the vilifying.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@KingKek42  
[link to a video] Jeff Sessions interviewing Sally Yates (2015 vs 2017) answering questions about whether the Attorney General should stand up against the President if the President tries to take illegal action, intermixed with current footage of her being fired by Trump for refusing to protect and defend the President’s illegal actions.

Huh - good video. Thank you for sharing it. Nothing new, but cool to see it all in one place.

Followed by this: Charlie Brooker talking about Donald Trump’s rise to the Presidency, showing actual footage of Donald J. Trump shaking hands with the actual founder of ISIS and talking about what a nice guy he was, and how much he understood and had to teach The Donald.
Background Pony #5E39
@Mildgyth  
When enough people thought that bitching about nerd drama was ore newsworthy then things that are actually newsworthy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Shitposting thread