The Politics Thread

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I like how politics always devolved to white men, black men, white women, occasionally black women, Islam, racism, yada yada while other than Islamic terrorism, I don’t think Trump ever says anything about the others %(barring Mexican immigrants but then again, he wasn’t insulting them)%. Though, I might be wrong about that but still, we blew a lot of things out of proportions.

But hey,  
full
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@Ciaran  
Throwing a child in prison, especially if they were announced beforehand, is pretty terrible. People should be fired for that.

That being said, Cologne, Paris, Bastille Day, the Christmas Market Massacre, and Germany and Sweden’s rape rates are also pretty darn terrible.

Japan had 7,586 (I thought I recall 5,000? Ohwell) asylum seekers, and had such intense vetting that only 27 were admitted. [source]. 2 of them ended up gang-raping a woman [source].

I’m not so sure this ban is such a terrible idea after that.

That’s pretty much my reply to all of this. If all the blood on the streets of Cologne wasn’t enough, if the massacre in Paris wasn’t enough, if the massacre of Christmas shoppers wasn’t enough, if the rocketing rape rates in Sweden and Germany weren’t enough to convince anyone of what a serious threat immigration poses, then please, unlike Germany that won’t report their crime, take the number from a country that actually does: Japan. 2/27. After 7,000 to 27 vetting, or only letting in 0.38%.

We have no obligation to let those people into the country when they’re such a threat. Of course not all of them, but 7.4% of 60,000 would be pretty darn bad. Never mind if they start acting like they did in Europe and start giving us the warm “refugee” “thank you” of driving a truck through a crowd of Christmas shoppers, or gunning down 150 people while yelling “Allahu akbar”.

As for Tara’s tweet, you get me wrong. I meant it in a surprised way, certainly not an objection one. I kinda like Trump, so what’s to complain about if she suddenly decided to think reasonably all of a sudden and actually support anything he did for once? No, it’s just surprising because her and all the celebrity caste are all so in love with hating him.

@Background Human  
Okay, so it’s anti-trump, then. Order is restored, they still hate the guy who actually stands up for women and real liberal values…

That’s how I view it. He’s actually keeping the people out of the country who believe that women should be stoned for disobeying their husbands and homosexuals should be put to death. That’s being a lot braver for women’s and LGBT rights than most people on the left ever are.

Heck, most of the time I put “rights” in quotation marks because of my views on marriage and such, but this time I’m freaking talking about their rights to not be put to death, but more common the right of women to not be raped for not wearing a hijab.
Background Pony #C259
That’s how I view it. He’s actually keeping the people out of the country who believe that women should be stoned for disobeying their husbands and homosexuals should be put to death. That’s being a lot braver for women’s and LGBT rights than most people on the left ever are.

You mean those that are not Americans. You already have plenty of these that are.
KingKek42

Plantar Fashiitis
@Cirrus Light  
“That’s being a lot braver for women’s and LGBT rights than most people on the left ever are.”

You do realize that Mike “Shock ’em straight” Pence is the VP right? The amount of mental gymnastics required to make this statement let alone actually believe in it is unreal.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
You do realize that Mike “Shock ’em straight” Pence is the VP right? The amount of mental gymnastics required to make this statement let alone actually believe in it is unreal.
When Pence shoots up a gay nightclub killing 50 people and yelling “allahu akbar”, tell me.
Tragiclady

When Pence shoots up a gay nightclub killing 50 people and yelling “allahu akbar”, tell me.

I think you’re really onto a new type of logic here. Since I’ve never shot up a nightclub, I could be a shoe in for president or vice president as well.
Background Pony #C259
@Background Pony #986F

To clarify what i was saying before about Pence and his ilk; while it is true that they are the lesser of evils (for now), playing them off as defenders of gay rights is a ridiculous and completely untrue thing.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

You sure are setting the bar low, your argument that Pence is “brave” for this Muslim ban because it’ll protect the American people is absurd because it’s only going to last for 90 days. That ain’t a long time. No, the truth is the ban is basically the Trump administration fulfilling a promise they made to appease their base, and its only 90 days so that they could test it out and see what the American people think and see if it’s actually effective. They don’t give a shit if it’s an effective way of protecting America, besides ISIS will find it much easier to self radicalize individuals already in a country.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
Random shit: apparently Tucker Carlson on Fox and such is scoring significantly higher than left leaning programs for young adults.

This is interesting. You know how once in a while generations tend to shift politically? You know how like baby boomers lean Republicans or how millennials lean Democrat? Apparently the generation z, people born after 1996 to 2010 in the USA, are becoming republicans.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@uc9  
I was born on 1997.

Yay Republicans.

(Note: I am not in any way promoting any political group, view or candidate. Since I am not American, my opinion to this is said mostly as a third party and thus, should be taken with discretion. While I am somewhat a Trump supporter, that does not mean I am a fan of him or some #MAGA believer. I simply dislike the immigration shift of the current generation.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Shitposting thread