[nsfw] The Pokemon thread

Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

…I would still argue that that concept wouldn’t really work in the Pokemon world.

First of all, the anti-bestiality laws in our world are state it as being abusive to the animals due to animals not being intelligent or fully capable of rejecting or refusing unwanted human touch.

That wouldn’t realistically be the case in the Pokemon world, for one Pokemon are regularly treated and portrayed as being much more intelligent than their real-world counterparts, even being capable of romantic feelings and secondly, the living God of the known universe is a pokemon

The idea that Pokephilia would be treated like bestiality doesn’t have ground to stand on since the Pokemon world has venerated pokemon as being creatures that aren’t really “below” humans like regular animals, and any religion that worships Arceus probably wouldn’t frown upon it for reasons stated above
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
When I used to do random short RPs with my friend we sometimes did Human x Poke ones. We ended up just making it so that Pokemon can suddenly talk when they fall in love with a human.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Littlecabbit  
Again, intelligent doesn’t mean sapient. And it’s possible that Arceus is the exception rather than the norm. For the most part, the game portrays them as smart animals, and it’s only myths and the dex that suggest otherwise. And it could easy be that the setting the meme is in has them as animals, even if your world has them as sapient instead. Personally, I leave that to digimon, where they’re more partners than Pokemon’s pet/owner relationship.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

Yes, but I’m pretty sure the anime has hinted at pokemon being capable of having romantic feelings if that isn’t sapience, than humans mustn’t be sapient either.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Shepherd

Is he though?

Detective Pikachu, the video game version, seems to follow similar “rules” to meowth, since he’s capable of speech he’s incapable of pokemon combat, there seems to be some unwritten rules in concern with pokemon being capable of full-blown human speech

Oh and the Pokemon movie with the Lati’s seems to imply that Latias had a similar thing for Ash
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Littlecabbit  
But that’s the anime, which is far from a reliable source of information (Thunder Armor is the go-to example for a reason). If you want to think that pokemon are sapient, I can’t stop you, just don’t say they are in a context where odd are, they aren’t.

@Littlecabbit  
That’s because Pikachu is the lead’s dad trap as a pikachu. I don’t remember why it’s the case in the game.
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Littlecabbit
I never liked the idea of ghost people being ghost.

Ah, but that is canon to the games.

and to the Detective Pikachu part, it’s never stated that the Pikachu is Tims dad, in fact the Pikachu is capable of actual speech and not something that only Tim can understand, that other stuff is only in the movie as far as I can tell.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Littlecabbit  
Only in the dex, which I make clear is full of BS. To me, there’s a difference between ghost-like and an actual ghost (like the ghost Marowak of Kanto or the numerous ghost-girls that appear in the series like the one in the house before Snowpoint City or the X/Y one who says that you’re not the one she’s looking for).

The review of the game I saw said that if not outright stated in-game, heavily implied. And seeing as that Pikachu is a special case, it doesn’t count (as well as being from a spin-off).
Rabidcabbit
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Meanlucario

On what basis is the Pokedex full of BS? people always say that, but that’s only because these people seem to be under a false pretense that the Pokemon world is like ours, when it obviously isn’t, we do not have physical beings that control the flow of time, nor do we have creatures that control life or death, people claim the Pokedex is BS because the entries sound absurd to them, but in the pokemon world the creatures literally change shape and even species within seconds.

If you throw away everything the Pokedex tells you, you might as well throw away literally everything else the game tells you as well, the great Kalos war several thousand years ago? bullshit, everything about Kyogre and Groudon that wasn’t shown? Bullshit.

In the Elderscrolls world, the sun and stars are not celestial bodies, they’re literally just holes ripped in the fabric of that plain of existence.

TL;DR people should stop assuming the Pokemon world works like ours when it clearly doesn’t.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide